Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Page 435

~~Holiday Special (Day 3/7, Page 5/6)~~
The reaper had been keeping his distance from Lynnette, and even now, he stayed a ways ahead of the motorcycle as it sped down the road. ‘I suppose if she’s telling the truth, then she’ll be a valuable ally to have.

What can you tell me about her aura or whatever it’s called?

It’s an odd presence. Geoffrey’s the only aberration we’ve ever seen, so our point of reference is pretty limited, but compared to him, her aura is quite different. I can still sense that she’s human. That part of her seems no different from what I saw of her before. I guess that means she really is herself, still.

But...?

The wrist guard she’s wearing has a presence of its own. A very potent one, no less. If Geoffrey’s aura was a sword, then that thing’s aura is a stick of dynamite. And because I don’t know how it works, it just makes me very uneasy.

Abruptly, Hector felt something against his upper back. His grip on the handlebars tightened as he tried not to freak out and run off the road. ‘G-Garovel! What’s she doing?!

The reaper slowed down to see. And he started laughing. ‘She’s asleep. Looks like she really was tired.

That--! But--! I--! She’s--! Garovel, make her stop!

Just try to relax,’ said Garovel, still chuckling. ‘I bet it’d be easier for you if she did turn out to be a psychotic monster, huh?

Agh! I should’ve left her behind!

Garovel just laughed harder.

After a while, they approached the border. Crossing it on the way here hadn’t been the easiest thing. The roads all had checkpoints, and he couldn’t just waltz right through them. So like he’d done the first time, he made a ramp and bridge for himself, allowing the bike to go right over the checkpoint on a wave of metal. There were more border guards this time, but they all just kind of stood there and stared at him as he flew over their heads.

16 comments:

  1. Some missing words in this one...
    "What can [you] tell me about her aura"
    "that thing’s aura is [a] stick of dynamite"
    "it just makes [me] very uneasy"

    ReplyDelete
  2. a stick of dynamite?

    Ah i could see where it'd go, my mind kinda imagine Lynette bursting all her love to Hector, so suddenly, mwahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That, or, the aberration bursting jealousy toward Hector, which is more likely, mwahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bone gauntlet rips her apart and then grows into a human shape
    Hector sees this as a sign of love because he's sick
    sick in the head
    he will kill everyone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh, I like that. But Mr Frost doesn't do love triangles.

    Dynamite just screams "crazy dangerous and uncontrollable." And I thought Geoffrey was a loose cannon...

    Oh boy. Just thought of something. Where the hell is Geoffrey's corpse, anyway? If you can do this with an Aberration's bones, there are probably many people trying to get their hands on Geoffrey...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool. I like where this is going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "he stayed ahead a ways ahead of"
    One too many steps ahead there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how they don't even shoot they're just like "my. thats odd."

    ReplyDelete
  9. LMAO! Hector and his quick change of heart cause of a little contact!

    And good lord, Lynn's power is that much stronger than Geoffrey's? I wonder if the bones that made that gauntlet belonged to the aberration that could create black holes...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a bird, it's a plane! No, it's the real iron man!

    ReplyDelete
  11. His grampa has it. Remember? Though I suppose by this point you might have read ahead enough to know that? I don't know, since I haven't seen what's next. I'm sure it turns up again eventually though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. boobs power. 'nuff said

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think ur right because if it was such a treasure to the vanguard that they would even chop off her arm then it was probably a pretty op abomination

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fufufufufu wait til you see her in action!

    ReplyDelete