Thursday, December 5, 2013

Page 386

“Uhh. W-why is Lynn on her own?”

<“I’m not too clear on the details. You should probably just ask her yourself.”>

“I, uh... mgh...”

<“Or have Colt ask her. Whatever works.”>

“Any progress with that child doctor?” said Colt.

<“Sorry, not yet. I should get back to that, actually. Give me a ring if I can help with anything else.”>

“Roger that,” said Colt.

The conversation ended there. Colt and Bohwanox went off to explore the rest of the bunker. Hector, on the other hand, wanted to get some training in. He was sure he’d fall back asleep if he did practically anything else. He went up above ground again with Garovel, and the first thing he did was make a giant half-dome to shield himself from the sun. Then he began some simple sword practice.

As his thoughts drifted back to his battle with Karkash, Hector soon began thinking about his own ability, about some of the things he still wasn’t sure he fully understood.

“I’ve got a question...”

Yeah?

“If, um... well, for instance, if I make a metal box or something--” He paused to do just that, materializing a large iron cube directly in front of him. “--what happens to it if I just... like... leave it there?”

Garovel tilted his head. ‘What do you mean?

“Ah, like... if I don’t destroy this cube here, and then I just go somewhere else, um... somewhere really far away, I mean... then will the cube, um... stay? Or will it destroy itself when I get too far away?”

Oh. It’ll stay. You didn’t know that, already? Even after all those criminals you left coated in metal for the police?

“Well, I kinda figured that’s what happens, but I just... uh... wanted to be sure, ‘cuz... now I have a follow-up question.”

Alright.

“So I can go like a hundred kilometers away from this cube, and it’ll stay here, but... what if I try to destroy it WHILE I’m that far away from it? Would that work?”

Ah! No, that wouldn’t work, but you bring up an important point.

“I do?”

12 comments:

  1. ...
    the cliffhangers dough

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowtail the KhajiitDecember 5, 2013 at 7:27 AM

    Cliffhanger's dough? That sounds like it would bake into an interesting bread. Or maybe biscuits. X3

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO
    IT IS ONLY TO BE MADE INTO COOKIES
    WHICH CAN BE MOLDED INTO A
    WAIT FOR IT
    HOOK SHAPE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No you don't he's just messing with you >=(
    JUST LIKE THE AUTHOR IS MESSING WITH US *mock rage*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excuse me, sir, but I do no such thing.

    On an unrelated note, TZK will be ending forever on the next page. Rocks fall and everyone dies. Spoilers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huh.


    We had this discussion about conservation of mass before, I know. But I kind of assumed that Hector eventually destroyed all of his metal remotely, because it's linked to him and stuff. But no...


    So he can just materialize tons of mass and let it stay there indefinitely? Or is there a sort of maximum amount of metal he can materialize at a time and he has to destroy some of it to create something else?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Important questions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Worst ending ever!!11elevenone

    ReplyDelete
  9. What? I was under the impression that Hector can destroy his creations from long distance. Then what happened to those dolls that Hector suffocated when he fought Geoffrey at the school? Did they stay with the iron over there heads?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Iron block? placed? MINECRAFT!

    ReplyDelete