Monday, December 23, 2013

Page 426

~~Holiday Special (Day 2/7, Page 2/6)~~
I won’t allow it,’ said Garovel. ‘Gina’s right. We can’t go to Harold.

“But, Garovel... we can’t just let Abolish destroy an entire town full of people.”

Hector, we’re not “letting” them do anything. They’ll do it whether we’re there or not. Either we don’t go, and they destroy the town, or we do go, get killed, and then they destroy the town, anyway. That’s the reason we’re not going--because our presence won’t make a difference.

“But... maybe we could... help some people escape, at least?”

At the cost of our own lives?

His expression weakened. “You want me to just... sit this one out?”

I’m sorry, but yes. We could try to come up with something that’ll make the town evacuate, but even if we succeed and get away before Abolish shows up, they’d just pick some other town to destroy.

He sighed and ran a hand over his head. His hair had grown out a little, as he hadn’t cut it since fleeing Brighton.

Listen. I know you don’t place much value on your own life. And to be honest, we’re oddly similar in that way. I don’t place much value on mine, either. I’ve lived for a very long time already, and while I don’t want to die, I won’t mind terribly when I do, especially if it’s for a good cause. And at times, it’s helpful that we feel this way. Makes us a bit fearless. But now is not one of those times, because our lives can still help save many others. We don’t have the best options in the world right now, but we have to choose the one that has the potential to do the most good.

“Fuck...”

However,’ Garovel said slowly, ‘we do have an opportunity here to do something else. It’ll be dangerous, and it won’t save Harold, but if we succeed, it’ll definitely throw a motherfucking wrench into Abolish’s plans.

Hector’s gaze hardened. “Sounds good so far. What do you want me to do?”

It’s gonna sound crazy.

“Tell me.”

I want you to kidnap the goddamn King.

15 comments:

  1. Missing word:
    "and then they destroy [the] town"


    Kidnapping the king doesn't sound crazy at all. The king would be way safer with them of course, and the general public would believe terrorists did it, which would probably help them in saving the town. They could just create a fake terrorist video (or whatever) announcing plans for an attack and people would probably be willing to evacuate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "a motherfucking wrench"

    Because a regular wrench just won't cut it! XD
    And at first, I was gonna call Garovel a party-pooper, but I kinda like this new plan. Eheheh, I'm sure the King - and Gina - will totally love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garovel was actually Samuel L. Jackson when he was alive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AND NOW, EVERYTHING HE SAYS, I WILL READ IN SAMUEL L. JACKSON'S VOICE. THANK YOU.
    XD
    "I'm tired of these motherfuckin' Abolish in this motherfuckin' place! Everybody hold on! I'm gonna have Hector kick some ass!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Hector! Growout your ethnic Afro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Become like samuel jackson!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anybody else read that last line like something Nicolas Cage would say in National Treasure?

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the next arc, I'll have them steal the Declaration of Independence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait...I think I just figured out where Roman originally made his fortune.


    There's a motherlode of Elegian world history in a huge cavern under Sescoria...and Roman found it. It all makes sense now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah yes...I'd wondered about that possibility - something about there only being TWO servants back at the Castle tipped me off. That's an opportunity, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And one of them is Desmond. I don't think he's any match for Hector now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. But, I'd really call it rescuing the King...Gina was right. Kidnap, rescue, who can tell the difference these days?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wait, Hector's hair grew, right? But how exactly does immortality influence your growth? If you dir, you're resurrected, but can you choose to be resurrected as your younger self? Do you get resurrected as the guy you were before resurrection (Hector hasn't died in a while)? Most importantly, can a female Servant get pregnant? And if she were to get pregnant, would the baby revive too upon death, or would it die? If it survives, how does it affect the child after birth? I've been wondering about this for a while now...

    ReplyDelete