Friday, April 26, 2024

Page 3574

“The Vessel of Trenoyis,” said Germal. “Where is it?”

“Trenoyis,” echoed Morguonv. “Hmm. Have you checked Trenoy? I hear they named that place after him.”

“Cute. You know this does not work if you refuse to answer, yes? You must answer to my satisfaction. You know the Vessel’s whereabouts, don’t you?”

“Do I? Why don’t you just read my mind and see for yourself?”

“You know why.”

“Oh, come now. Are you tellin’ me that my measly little psychic defenses are able to thwart the efforts of a big, bad Primordial like yourself? Surely not.”

“Measly, are they? You’ve created an entire labyrinth full of coma-inducing booby traps.”

“What can I say? I don’t like people rooting around in there without my permission.”

“What if I promise to be gentle?”

“Oh, sure, but you have to let me run some experiments on you, first. I promise that I’ll be equally gentle.”

“Kehe. Indeed. We’ve arrived at yet another impasse, it would seem.”

“Shocker, eh? And hey, let’s not pretend like you psychics don’t deserve a bit of backlash for all the stuff you’ve gotten up to over the years. Rifling through other people’s memories--is there any greater invasion of privacy than that? I think not. And that’s just one of the messed up things you’ve been doing!”

“The pot is truly screaming at the kettle, now.”

“Eheh. I never said I don’t have some backlash coming, too.”

“Oh? Are you perhaps acknowledging that this ambush is deserved?”

“In a general sense? Yeah, maybe. But I don’t recall ever wronging you specifically.”

“No? You have been hunting me for decades.”

“Yeah, what’s wrong with that? I just wanted to have a nice chat. You’re the one who made it weird.”

“I’ll be sure to keep that in mind. Now answer my question. Where is the Vessel?”

“What’s your interest in it?”

“Can you not guess, based on everything else I’ve already told you?”

“Maybe I want to hear it from the horse’s mouth. Are you a horse god, Germy? I bet you are, aren’t you? I feel like that’d suit you.”

“The Vessel shall help me free Trenoyis.”

“You don’t say? Are you sure you want to do that? What would the Void think?”

A brief silence arrived. “Kehehe. Not much of anything, I suspect. Your faith in that being is misplaced, I’m afraid.”

Hmm. Morgunov wanted to scratch his chin. “So despite being of Chaos, you’re going against the Void’s will? Hmm. Now that just don’t seem right.”

No comments:

Post a Comment