Sunday, June 21, 2020

Page 2389

((The Father's Day Special -- page 5 of 24))
"...So let me get this straight," said Lord Goffe. "Are you telling me... that you consume souls and then give birth to your children later? Or... are you telling me... that you transform people into your 'spawn' while they are still alive?"

"Again, the end result is the same, no?" said the Beast. "Why must you pursue such inconsequential details, archiver?"

"Answer me, Chort."

"Hmph. There is no 'birthing,' as you put it. It is closer to the second method you described. Humans become vessels for my spawn to hatch out of. In some sense, you may consider them 'reborn' as such. More powerful and less ignorant than before. It is a happy thing, though I am sure you will not see it as such."

That was already more detail than Pauline wanted, quite frankly. Just imagining deceased human bodies "hatching" was enough to make her feel sick.

And she wasn't even human. What must Lord Goffe have been feeling, right now?

"...I guess you're right," said Lord Goffe. "The end result is the same. The details don't make that much difference, either way."

His aura was telling a different story, though. It was twisting and heating to such a degree that it almost seemed to be boiling now.

Chort must've noticed it as well. "You clearly do not speak truly to your feelings, archiver. I do not consider that a lie, but it is reprehensible, regardless."

Abruptly, the metal boxes swirling around Lord Goffe sped up. Pauline couldn't say that she understood how his power worked, but that metal was moving fast enough that the children of the Beast sealed therein would no doubt have begun feeling pressure from the immense G-forces.

"Maybe we should just get on with this, then."

"Stop. You are hurting them. Return my spawn to me."

"...Okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment