Saturday, June 6, 2020

Page 2353

~~((National Yo-Yo Day - page 18 of 20))~~
Hector half-expected to be attacked or to be teleported somewhere or to at least find a hidden escape route, but he combed the place quite thoroughly and found nothing.

He returned to Pauline outside. "You said you could find the monster, didn't you?"

She was perched atop one of the few remaining portions of the terminal's roof. 'I did. The creature's aura is like a lighthouse to me.'

"Well, we've already wasted too much time here. Lead on."

'I admire your proactive mindset, but are we even sure that this so-called Beast of Lorent is responsible for everyone's disappearance?'

"No, but do you have any better leads?"

'I do not. However, if the monster has truly abducted them, then it seems especially strange to me that I never sensed its aura at the location where the abduction occurred.'

"Hmm." Hector thought about that new piece of information. "I'm new to auras, but as I understand it, they only go wherever the body they're attached to goes, right?"

'Yes. Why?'

"Maybe the monster abducted them from a distance," said Hector.

She ruffled her feathers. 'How could it have done such a thing?'

"Teleportation."

'Excuse me? Such a power does not exist, does it?'

"Oh, it definitely exists. I've personally witnessed two different forms of it. This seems different from either of those, though."

'You're joking, surely...'

"Believe me or don't. It doesn't matter. Please, just point me in the right direction. I can go find the monster on my own, if you want to head back to Atreya. I certainly wouldn't blame you."

'Oh, please. Things are just getting interesting.'

Hector frowned. "This is serious, Pauline. We have no idea what this thing is capable of."

'I am aware of the severity of the situation.' She bounded off the roof and began gliding northward. 'Follow me, Lord Goffe.'

No comments:

Post a Comment