Monday, June 8, 2020

Page 2357

((The Mon/Wen/Fri Double -- page 1 of 2))
"So what are some of these 'disorienting effects' that we should be watching out for?" said Hector.

Pauline took so long to respond that Hector stopped and looked toward her. 'Oh. Ah. There are various things, but a skewed perception of the passage of time is perhaps the biggest one.'

"Hmm." He didn't like the sound of that, but he started walking again. He still wasn't sensing anything other than plants in the areas. Not even any wild animals.

'Spatial awareness as well can easily become compromised,' she said. 'My father believes that this is because auras themselves are a component of spacetime. So if spacetime is like a blanket, then an aura is like a liquid soaking that blanket through, making it much heavier than you are accustomed to.'

"I think I understand. Anything else?"

'...Ah. Sorry, did you say something?'

He stopped again. "Are you feeling okay?"

She glided down closer to him. 'Frankly speaking, no. This aura is very uncomfortable. But I will manage.'

"Is there anything I can do to make it easier for you?"

'Heh. Actually... your own aura seems to be helping.'

He blinked. "What?"

'I mentioned it before, didn't I? Your aura is different from a while ago. Come to think of it, you never did explain why that was.'

"That's because I had no idea what you were talking about. And I'm still not sure I do, even now."

'Well, in any case, I think I will stick a bit closer to you from now on, if you don't mind.' She was still invisible, but Hector could sense her there on the ground next to him now. 'I sense something ahead, by the way. I think it's a building.'

That information acquired his full attention, and he tried to reach out farther with the Scarf. If it was there, he couldn't sense it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment