Friday, June 19, 2020

Page 2383

((The Mon/Wen/Fri Double -- page 2 of 2))
"The Deceiver?" said Lord Goffe. "Who is that?"

"You do not even know of the Deceiver? Your ignorance truly knows no bounds."

"So enlighten me, then."

"Skapa the Deceiver. The First Traitor. The man who should have served as a lesson to your kind for all eternity, but I see now that is not the case."

"How long ago are you talking about here?"

"He betrayed you all for power and sought to subjugate the world."

"That wasn't what I asked, but okay..."

"How could you not know of him? But if you truly believe that lies are not evil, then I suppose your ignorance in this matter only makes sense. How saddening for you."

"I'm getting the impression that this guy lived a really long time ago..."

"Truly, your predecessors must be looking upon you and weeping. I would pity them, if they did not wish me dead as well."

"You're not even listening to me anymore, are you?"

"You sadden me, aura warrior. When I saw you, I thought you a formidable and familiar foe in this dreary, stagnant realm. But I see now that you are just as lost as the rest of these soul riders. Perhaps it is even doing you too much honor to call you aura warrior, though I can hardly believe I am saying such a thing. How lamentable and backward must this world have become for me to feel remorse at the loss of my enemy?"

Pauline could hardly even follow what it was saying, anymore. So this creature was from the distant past? Or believed it was, at least? But then how...?

She didn't even know where to begin asking questions.

Lord Goffe managed to come up with a couple, though. "Oh, are you done now? Can we get back to having an actual discussion?"

"What else needs to be said? At this point, I feel as though I could learn more from a rock."

No comments:

Post a Comment