Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Page 2312

~~((National Rescue Dog Day - page 20 of 20))~~
"Not sure," said Roman. "I think Voreese said it's supposed to eat you afterward."

"So it's like tenderizing your soul by torturing you?"

"Maybe." Roman shrugged. "But like I said. Mythological. Probably not real."

"Right... and I don't suppose you know if servants are immune to its soul-sucking powers, huh?"

"Why would we be immune?"

"Because our souls don't even belong to us. They belong to our reapers."

"Mm. That's one way of putting it, I suppose. I don't see why that would make us immune, though."

"Well, I know for a fact that we're immune to certain aberration abilities."

"You do? How do you know that?"

"Because the first time I fought Geoffrey Rofal, he tried to consume my soul. Didn't work."

"Oh, right. Him. I'd almost forgotten about that little bastard."

Hector made no response. He wished he could forget. He knew he never would.

Roman took the opportunity to change the subject. "So what were Garovel's theories about this monster, then?"

"Were those two the only ones that Voreese brought up?"

"No, but I'm tired of talking about them. It's your turn."

That was fair. "Ah... he told me about something called a Yigorosk."

"Scarier name than Wamp, at least. What's its deal?"

"Basically, it's a giant tentacle monster."

"...Is that it? Maybe I'm just jaded at this point, but if all it's got going for it is a bunch of tentacles, then I doubt it would stand much of a chance against six servants. Or even one, for that matter."

"Well, it can also camouflage itself. And it's supposed to be pretty durable. Kinda like the worms in the Undercrust, was what Garovel said."

"Hmm. Still not impressed."

"It stalks its prey while camouflaged and then springs on them when no one is looking and drags them back to its gooey lair--which it made from its own bodily juices, by the way."

"Okay, well, that's fuckin' gross."

"Mmhmm."

No comments:

Post a Comment