Saturday, May 30, 2020

Page 2326

Hector couldn't deny that her abilities might prove useful here, even just judging from what he knew Sparrows to be capable of. He doubted he even understood the full scope of what they could do.

But still.

"Your father--"

'Isn't here, right now,' said Pauline.

"But he can find you no matter where you are, can't he? Because of your psychic bond?"

'Oh, you know about that, do you? Well, not to worry. He has to actively be looking for me in order for that to work, and right now, he has no reason to think I am anywhere out of the ordinary. Not to mention, he's been quite busy lately, himself. He probably won't even have time to worry about little old me.'

"But if something were to happen to you, he'd never forgive me," said Hector.

'And if something were to happen to YOU, our country would suffer tremendously.'

Flattery now? Hector wasn't buying it. "I'm a little more durable than you are."

'I know how to keep myself safe. And maybe you, too, if you're nice to me.'

Agh. What the hell was he supposed to say here? Or do, for that matter?

Maybe... just roll with it? For now, at least?

Hmm.

"...Alright, well, how would you even go about gathering intel on this monster?"

'First, I'd go observe it.'

"...That would be insanely dangerous for you."

'Well, I wouldn't waltz up to the thing and poke it with a stick, if that's what you're thinking. I'd scout it from a safe distance.'

"How would you locate it, though?"

'Hmm? Oh, I already know where it is.'

Hector couldn't help blinking at that bit of news. "What?"

'It's emitting a powerful aura. I can sense what direction it's in from here. Sorry, I forgot that you adorable humans can't sense auras. Or at least, not very well. That must really suck. No offense.'

No comments:

Post a Comment