Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Page 2310

~~((National Rescue Dog Day - page 18 of 20))~~
A question occurred to Hector, and it made him smile, so he couldn't help asking it to Roman. "Does Voreese have any theories about what this monster might actually be?"

"Oh, sweet Cocora, does she ever," said Roman. "You don't actually wanna hear all of her crazy ramblings, do you?"

Hector returned a slight nod, as if to say that he kind of did want to hear them.

Roman groaned. "Did Garovel not bombard you with any wild theories of his own? He must've, surely."

"Oh yeah, he definitely did," said Hector, smile widening. "That's what gave me the idea to ask you about Voreese."

"Ah, I see. So you're amused by the thought of me suffering through the same sort of thing that you did, is that it?"

"Pretty much."

"Alright, well... I guess I can give you the abridged version. Heh, but only if you tell me some of the crazy shit that Garovel said, too."

"Deal."

Roman took a moment to think. "She mentioned something called a Ceese. Apparently, it's a type of 'evil spirit.'" He made air quotes with his fingers.

Hector asked the obvious question. "Evil spirit? What does that mean?"

"That's what I said. She couldn't provide details. Probably because it's a mythological creature and never actually existed. I asked some of the Rainlords' reapers, and they were a bit more forthcoming with the truth. She was just trying to scare me, I think. She's like a little kid sometimes, I swear."

"Ah." Hector was still curious, though. "...So what's so scary about a Ceese, then?"

Roman breathed a partial laugh. "Well, it's supposed to stalk you from the edges of your peripheral vision, always staying just outside of your view, somehow. And as it gets closer and closer, it begins to laugh at you--or at least, that's what it sounds like. Might just be its breathing, since it's not actually supposed to be human."

"Huh..."

No comments:

Post a Comment