Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Page 2294

~~((National Rescue Dog Day - page 2 of 20))~~
"Your silence strikes me as a tad suspicious," said the loudmouth. "Got something to hide, do ya? I know a few people who might be able to get you talking. Why don't we go and--?"

"Yo, this is getting real tiresome, my dudes." Leo's voice cut through the other man's like a hot knife through butter, and everyone turned to look at him. "I dunno about any of you guys, but I'm in a bit of a hurry."

The loudmouth remained undeterred. "It's rude to interrupt people, friend."

"It's more rude to block the road, daddy-o. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's illegal."

"That's a fair point. What say we all go some place quieter and have a nice chat?"

Leo whipped a phone out of his cloak. "What say I call the police? I'm not feelin' too chatty, myself, but I bet they would be able to help you out, don't you think?"

The loudmouth's smile disappeared for the first time. "Don't play dumb with me. It's obvious that you don't want any cops sniffing around your business. Just look at all of you."

Leo wasn't even looking in his direction. "Hey, what's the emergency number in this country? Anyone know?"

Evangelina noticed a few discontented rumbles among the Abolishers and couldn't help being surprised. Were they actually afraid of the civilian police showing up? Why?

Leo hadn't gotten an answer out of anyone yet, but he'd started dialing, anyway. "Well, maybe I can just guess it."

"Stop your bluffing," said the loudmouth. "There's no way--"

"Yes, police? Hi there. Oh, you speak Mohssian, too. That's convenient. Hey, I'm not too sure where I am, right now, but could you, like, figure out my location or whatever and send someone over here? Like, someone really strong, I mean? There are some hooligans blocking the road and harassing me and my buddies."

No comments:

Post a Comment