Saturday, October 31, 2020

Page 2718

~~((Halloween Special - Page 14 of 30))~~
Ms. Rogers had to come and get him out of bed. By the time Hector made it downstairs and over to the Entry Tower in order to welcome her, Queen Helen was already seated at a long, polished black table in the East Hall, the tower's most spacious chamber. Around the Queen were her reaper Mehlsanz and Lynnette Edith, as well as the Lord Dimas Sebolt and a handful of Rainlord reapers, including his own Iziol, Axiolis, and Mevox.

"I hope you will forgive the suddenness of my visit," said the Queen upon seeing him. She was wearing a black cloak with the hood still up, as was Lynnette--which was a little weird, since she usually wore white.

"It's no trouble at all, Your Highness," said Hector. He took the open seat by her side at the head of the table. "And, er... I appreciate your discretion. I know you're mainly doing it for the sake of my guests."

Helen gave him a smile, then eyed the small cluster of reapers around her. "I have been wanting to meet these Rainlords of yours ever since they arrived. I am glad to finally have found the opportunity."

Hector's face tightened a little as he tried not to wince at that mention of them being 'his Rainlords.' He was sure she didn't mean it in the same sense as, for example, Leo did, but it was still unfortunate phrasing all the same.

Garovel interjected. 'Will you be able to stay the whole night? Or even longer, dare I hope? We have quite a bit here that we would like to show you. There's still a lot of work left on the restoration, but we're pleased with the results so far.'

Helen exchanged glances with Mehlsanz--and perhaps a few private words, as well. Then she addressed Garovel. "I had only intended to stay the night, but I suppose we could take the day, too, and depart tomorrow night, instead."

No comments:

Post a Comment