Monday, October 5, 2020

Page 2643

~~((National Do Something Nice Day Special -- Page 13 of 24))~~
"But in any case, down to business. I think I know what your problem is. You're frustrated 'cause you can't talk to Rasalased, right? And that's understandable, because you've got a few years under your belt now, hmm? Still a child as far as I'm concerned, but you're not a baby anymore, at least. So you should probably know how to talk by now, right? Kids are s'posed to be able to talk. Only makes sense.

"And you think it's your fault, am I right? Like you're just too dumb to figure it out. Can't quite put your finger on what's wrong, can ya? Hence the frustration! Boy, do I know that feeling! How many experiments have I had like that?! Oh, it's just the worst!" He spun around to face Asad again. "Good news, though, lad! It's actually NOT your fault! Or at least, I'm eighty percent sure that it's not! Which is pretty good, right? Quite favorable odds! Just don't blame me if it turns out I'm wrong. Twenty percent is still twenty percent, okay?"

Asad's mouth wasn't covered like the other two, and after listening to all this rambling, he was feeling bold enough to speak up. "What in the world are you talking about?"

Morgunov poked him in the forehead. "The tattoos, dear boy. If they were able to protect you from me crushing your spirit, then I'd say there's a fair chance that they are also 'protecting' you from Rasalased. By preventing you from even being able to communicate with him."

Asad blinked. That... couldn't be true, could it?

Morgunov snapped his fingers again. "And if that's the case, then the solution to your problem is obvious! Just remove the tattoos!"

"But... they can't BE removed..."

"Oh? Is that a challenge I hear?"

No comments:

Post a Comment