Monday, October 5, 2020

Page 2642

~~((National Do Something Nice Day Special -- Page 12 of 24))~~
Again, Asad did not wish to answer.

Morgunov pursed his lips like a duck. "You're just gonna leave me hanging like that, huh? It's not that complicated. Simple yes or no answer. Either you've talked to him or you haven't. Oh! Or are you thinking that you shouldn't tell me because it's privileged information?! Yeah, that must be it, right? Well, not to worry, lad. There's nothing you could let slip about Rasalased that I don't already know. If anything, I could probably teach you a few things! But only if you're nice!" And he was laughing again, because of course he was.

Qorvass answered for him. 'We have not met Rasalased yet, no.'

"Aha! I thought not! Somethin' aboutcha just gave off that sort of vibe, y'know? An aura of doubt and frustration and disappointment. Very pitiable, honestly." He clapped a hand down on Asad's entangled shoulder. "I feel for ya, homie. It's tough, trying to measure up to everyone's expectations, isn't it? But the thing you've gotta understand is, no one actually cares that much."

Asad just returned a look of mild exasperation as the mechanical tentacles raised him up in midair, suspending him face-first in front of the Mad Demon.

"Mm, I can tell by your expression that you don't understand yet," said Morgunov. "You're still caught up in all the little traps that people lay out for one another. The quiet tyrannies of 'expectation.' Of social responsibility and morality. You can't see how meaningless all that stuff actually is."

Asad gave a muted sigh.

Morgunov snapped his fingers and began circling around Asad as he talked. "But that's okay. I won't lecture you. Too much, eheheh. Youngins should be allowed to learn at their own pace. I'm sure you'll figure it all out on your own, eventually. If you survive your encounter with little ol' me, I mean. Eheheh, admittedly, that IS still a problem for you, right now. I'll be rootin' for you, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment