Monday, June 24, 2013

Page 97

“So this was your game.” Rofal was far too calm. “I am disappointed, Colt.”

Colt smashed the phone on the ground.

Rofal stood as men entered from the far door. “Congratulations,” he said. “You correctly guessed the next call I was going to make. Your children are still on their way here.”

He assessed the numbers. Seven against one. All armed, save himself.

“I suppose I could find another phone, but they should be here any minute, so why bother? Your resolve is clear to me now at least.” Rofal walked around the desk. “But you know, I am nothing if not determined. I will give you one more chance.”

“Is that so?” said Colt.

“When they arrive, I will allow you to choose which of the two you wish to keep.”

“Like fuck you will.”

“Refuse, and I will take both. And I will not kill them, Colt. They will become my children. I have none of my own, you see. I will raise them. They will come to love me. They will come to hate you. And when they are old enough, I will send them to kill you in my name.”

Colt’s expression alone seemed enough to slaughter everyone in the room.

“Agree to my terms, and you will be allowed to keep one child for yourself. Our amiable relationship may continue, and perhaps in time, you will be able to earn back your second child.”

He clenched his teeth. “I’m going to kill you.”

“You seem so determined not to leave this building alive. Perhaps you would prefer to watch as I kill them in front of you before you die as well? That would certainly save me considerable time and effort.”

5 comments:

  1. Poor Colt. :c Hope Rofal gets him face smashed in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mental game raised up the tensions! Hurrah, i like this even more

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not gonna lie, I hate Rofal, but that was a great show of villainy. For a caring parent, watching your kids as they grow to love another person, then having them sent to kill you must be an agonizing experience, second onlyvto watching them die...

    Maybe I should say, I love to hate Rofal...?

    ReplyDelete