Saturday, June 22, 2013

Page 95

--donation bonus (day #1, post 5/5)--
Geoffrey flew into the billiards room. Wood and plaster rained down on the pool table he’d landed on. He sat up and eyed the bloody heart in his hands. “How the hell...?” His gaze locked on Garovel. “This is their doing, isn’t it?” He climbed to his feet.

Behind you!’ Garovel shouted.

Hector at once knew what he meant. Geoffrey’s puppet man was running at him. Hector stepped to the right, caught the man, and swung him straight into Geoffrey. The pair crashed into a ceiling fan and hit the ground in a heap of shattered glass and splintered wood.

Once again, Geoffrey stood. The red shadow covered his entire body before disappearing again. “You are beginning to annoy me.”

“I’ve never been very good at making friends...” Hector’s chest began to reform for the second time that night.

Geoffrey waved his hand. When his puppet man did not immediately leap forth, he turned to see why.

Small cuts riddled the man’s face, and his leg was bent the wrong way. He struggled even to stand, collapsing after a moment.

Geoffrey frowned. “Broken already? I just made this one.” He sighed. “Oh well.” A red flash cleaved the man in two. Blood didn’t start spraying until his body hit the ground.

Hector scowled. “Fucker...!”

“It appears I need a new fetcher,” said Geoffrey, starting closer. “Perhaps I should make things simple and just take you.” The red shadow swirled free of Geoffrey’s body, amassing in hulking form.

Hector dove back into the hallway, but the shadow still enveloped him. He thrashed within its grasp, expecting some kind of horrific pain or black out, but there was none. He turned to Garovel, who looked entirely unconcerned--even strangely amused.

7 comments:

  1. Hector has a bit of challenge now, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *has a bit of a challenge
      I cannot into typing.

      Delete
  2. I just realized, last page I said that Garovel and Boh can't interact with the living, physical world, but that goes both ways! The physical world shouldn't be able to interact with them! Yet Geoffrey was able to. I think this battle is gonna be decided by Garovel helping Hector. Let's see if I'm right

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, but Geoffrey hurt Boh some chapters ago, remember? He can, for some reason, interact with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...that's exactly what I meant. Doesn't matter though, I was wrong

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, I didn't properly read past the first two sentences ^^" And yeah, I meant pages

    ReplyDelete