Friday, June 28, 2013

Page 109

--donation bonus (day #3, post 5/5)--
“Bah. Don’t want to show me where you live, huh?”

“There’s that... but mainly... I’d rather not be seen with the most wanted man in the country, right now.”

Colt gave an admissive nod.

“Where will you go?” Hector asked.

“Gotta get out of the city at least. Hopefully out of the country as well, but that’ll be difficult.” He reached into the backseat and pulled out Hector’s bag. He tossed it to him. “Thanks for all your help, Hector Goffe.”

Hector eyed the bag. His algebra book lay atop the mass of cash. He hadn’t expected Colt to rifle through his things, but he supposed he should have. “If you’re really thankful... then don’t make me regret letting you go... don’t ever hurt those children.”

“Of course I won’t.”

“So you say...”

Colt’s expression hardened. “What was that?”

“You’re a murderer... a violent man with violent tendencies... How do I know you won’t just... get tired of their crying one day and snap? Or lose your patience when they’re older and beat them?”

Colt glared. “I’d never hurt them. I swear on my life. You already know I’d die for them.”

They merely exchanged stares for a long moment.

“I’ll be keeping an eye on you--” He glanced at Bohwanox, who nodded. “--so I’ll know if you break that promise.”

“I won’t.”

“Good... because I will hunt you down, if you do...”

Colt looked at him heavily, and then let out a brief laugh, which turned into a sigh. “You show up out of nowhere. You know all these things that no one else should. And you turn everything upside down... Just what the hell are you, kid?”

“...I haven’t figured that out yet, either.”

8 comments:

  1. I'll stop here for a few days and I have found this a wonderful read thus far. Keep up the great work. I came from completelyseriouscomics.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. No threats about hurting anybody ELSE? Don't hurt those kids , or I'll hunt you down. Everybody who does something you don't like to you or your kids though, go ahead, slaughter 'em. That's what I would be more worried about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was thinking the same

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frost, you have some really great lines at he end of some pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe he thought that was as much as he could reliably enforce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poulos maximus the greatJuly 1, 2015 at 10:04 AM

    epic

    ReplyDelete