Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Page 2753

He was talking about the complete destruction of Sandlords.

Genocide, Hector realized.

And by all accounts, the Mad Demon of Abolish was absolutely someone who might try to make that happen--especially if he discovered that it would motivate Rasalased.

Aw, fuck. Hector could already see this going terribly.

"...And how do you expect Asad to escape Morgunov's clutches?"

"That, I do not know. But there is little chance that Morgunov will kill him before getting what he wants."

Well, that was true, Hector supposed. They probably had time on their hands, though Hector could only imagine what type of horrible captivity Asad must have been enduring, right now.

Agh, he wished he could do more. Even if Ras was willing to tell him where Asad was, what difference would it make? Short of Sermung himself, who in the world could possibly hope to rescue Asad Najir?

Hmm.

The more he thought about it, the more that seemed like the only real option.

"...Rasalased, do you know anything about Sermung? Like, his current whereabouts, I mean?"

"You would seek his aid?"

"Eh, I just... I don't know. That would be pretty dangerous for me to do while the Rainlords are in my home. But, uh... it was just a thought, I guess. So you can't, like, sense his super-powerful soul from afar or something?"

"I am afraid not. The world is a large and crowded place. And the strongest among you often have a desire to conceal yourselves."

"Are you saying Sermung is able to hide his soul power from you?"

"Perhaps. Perhaps not."

Ah. Hector had been wondering when that shit would start again.

"It may help if I knew where to search for him. Alas, I do not."

Damn. Hector had to wonder what the most powerful man in the world was doing right now. Maybe he was outside his area of expertise here, but this seemed like exactly the kind of problem that the Crystal Titan would be interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment