Monday, November 9, 2020

Page 2752

Hector wasn't quite sure what to say now. A power boost from the Shards sounded pretty fucking sweet, quite frankly.

"And there would be other effects as well," said Rasalased. "As I said, there is far too much explain."

"Well, I'm not busy. I've got plenty of... opportunity to listen to you, right now."

"Heh. Yes. But there are more important matters to discuss, no?"

Were there? Shit, there probably were.

"You never know what may happen. Our conversations have a way of ending prematurely."

Okay, now that was definitely true. He'd always kinda felt like Rasalased was to blame for that, though. Hmm.

"Ask about what you feel is most pressing, Young Hector."

If he didn't know any better, he would've thought Ras was worried about time.

But he wasn't wrong. And the more he thought about it, the more Hector realized there was a still a rather obvious point of concern. "...What if Morgunov gets his hands on one of the Shards? That'd make him a Shardkeeper, too, wouldn't it?"

"Indeed. Which is why I do not intend to let the Lion unseal my soul until he is free again."

"Hmm."

"But that is only my intent. If I feel that I am left with no other choice, I may allow it before then."

"Ah... you mean if Morgunov threatens to kill Asad and Qorvass if you don't let him unlock the power?"

"No. I would sooner let the new Lion die than allow my power to fall into Morgunov's hands."

Shit. Brutal. Hector had a rather strong feeling that Asad and Qorvass would agree with that sentiment, though. But that did beg the question. "How would you end up with no other choice, then?"

"If the existence of all my remaining kin were to be threatened--truly threatened--then that may change my mind. It would depend on the circumstances."

No comments:

Post a Comment