Friday, July 3, 2020

Page 2434

((The Mon/Wen/Fri Double -- page 1 of 2))
It did seem slightly off, though. Leo pulled up the faceguard on his helmet, but it got stuck halfway and only revealed his mouth. "Huh. This is a little trickier than I expected. It's my first time making this, though, so. It's pretty close, right?"

Raul, Melchor, and Orric just stared at him.

He took their silent judgment in the wrong direction. "Okay, look, I'll do a better job next time. I'll have to pay closer attention to how Hector does it."

He called Lord Goffe by his first name? That was awfully familiar of him. Raul wasn't sure if that was as a good or bad thing.

"We're supposed to be undercover," said Melchor. "You shouldn't be imitating Lord Goffe here in Vantalay."

"Why not? Oh, you think he'd get mad?"

"I'm more concerned about someone mistaking you for him and then thinking Atreya is involved in this war."

"Hmm, but he's not that famous yet, right? He's one o' them quiet ones who've been playin' it cool for ages, ain't he?"

"Even so--"

"C'mon, Melk-o, you worry too much. It'll be fine!"

"Don't call me Melk-o."

"I said it before, didn't I? Whoever's out there has already sensed my soul. Hiding my face at this point is just, like, spitting on a house fire 'r something, so who cares if I have a bit of fun with it? The world could use a bit more fun, don'tcha think?"

Okay, Raul could see now where those rumors about Leo had come from.

"This is serious, Leo," said Melchor. "The mission--"

"I know how serious things are, Melkeesey. That town over there means more to me than anyone else here. Just relax. I got this."

And without waiting for another word from Melchor, Leo carried himself away on a serpentine column of materialized boron, cutting a path through the air toward the drone.

No comments:

Post a Comment