Monday, July 20, 2020

Page 2484

((The Mon/Wen/Fri Double -- page 2 of 2))
Silence drew out as Hector considered everything he'd just heard. He certainly had more questions about this so-called Freeman Fellowship, but this didn't seem like the appropriate place to ask them. That, and he wasn't even sure where to begin. He would've liked Garovel's input right about now.

Ravi took the opportunity to move on from the subject entirely. "In any case, allow me to thank you for your wonderful service to this great country. It seemed like this Beast was becoming more and more of a problem with each passing day. It is a relief to know that it has finally been taken care of, and I am sure the citizens of Lorent will be able to sleep easier now." And he gave a short bow.

This guy sure talked a good game. It made sense that he would be involved in politics, Hector thought.

"I am sure you will be wanting to return to Atreya soon," said Ravi, "but I hope not too soon. You must allow Lorent the time to show you her appreciation in full. Physical rewards are all well and good, but hospitality is important, too. I am sure the President will be asking you to extend your stay here for as long as you like. And if he doesn't, then I shall be recommending that he do so." Ravi's smile had a mischievous charm to it, perhaps accented by his scar.

Hector still didn't quite know how to respond, though. Was simple politeness appropriate here? It probably was, right?

Mevox interjected again. 'Are there any other servants we should know about while we're here?'

Ravi's reaper hovered around to the man's other shoulder. 'You're quite a straightforward one, aren't you?'

'It's one of my better features, I think. Thanks for noticing. Now are you going to answer my question? Or are you just working your way up to telling me to go fuck myself?'

No comments:

Post a Comment