Saturday, July 25, 2020

Page 2491

Hector felt abruptly uncomfortable. Which was especially weird, because the warm darkness was still comfortable, too. Somehow, everything was fine and wrong at the same time.

Was this a dream, then? He never really dreamed much. He'd been that way his whole life. Unless... he just always forgot his dreams the instant he woke up? He supposed that was possible, but...

No, he didn't think so. This wasn't normal. His thoughts were too clear. He may not have dreamed very often, but he did still know what they were like, and this definitely wasn't it. Or maybe this was just a lucid dream? He'd only ever heard of those before. Was this what they were like?

Eh. Hmm...

Well, now what? How much time was passing? Was he just stuck here? Could he wake himself up? Did he want to? Not really. He needed his sleep.

Agh. So confusing. What the hell should he--?

"Young Hector," came a familiar voice.

And he stopped. He hadn't even been doing anything, but he stopped. "Rasalased?"

"Hello."

"Uh. Hi..."

"You are confused."

"Yes, I am..."

"That is understandable. I see you have changed again."

"...I have?"

"Of course. Change is the most natural thing in the world, is it not?"

"Maybe. This doesn't feel very natural, right now, though..."

"Yes, I must agree."

"...How are we even speaking, right now?"

"A good question."

"One you don't have an answer for, I take it?"

"Perhaps. Perhaps not."

"Right..."

"I believe your two blessings of Focus and Domain are interacting with one another. And so you have created this... headspace, so to speak."

Hector might've blinked if his eyes weren't already closed. "Wait, what? I did this? I thought it was your doing."

"No, it was not I."

"But how I could I have...? Uh... I mean, I was just trying to sleep."

"Not every accomplishment is made intentionally, Young Hector."

No comments:

Post a Comment