Monday, January 30, 2017

Page 1304

((The Monday Triple: page 3 of 3))
Your behavior is worrisome.’

“Nah, dude, I feel great. The whole reason I joined up with the ole’ biddy in the first place was ‘cuz I wanted to enjoy some peace ‘n quiet, y’know? I was sick ‘n tired of workin’ hard all the time just to stay alive, man. But then the ole’ biddy just kept puttin’ me to work, anyway, and nothin’ changed, really. Until I finally pulled this gig here. And, I mean, it’s a cushy job, but somebody’s gotta do it, right? I don’t see why that somebody can’t be me.”

Listen, Leo. What you’re experiencing is not uncommon. Some might even say this is overdue for you. It’s natural for servants to go through a period of... self-reevaluation. But it WILL pass--I promise you. And until then, you need to--

“I get that you’re concerned about me, man, and I appreciate that. I really do. But y’know, I’m pretty happy with the way things are around here. Might not seem like it, but these are some pretty cozy digs.”

“We’re glad you’re so comfortable here, Leo, but just to be on the safe side, I think I’ll schedule a meeting for you with Amaris.”

“That’s not necessary. I just wanna be left alone, man.”

“If you’re worried about Sai-hee, don’t be. We’ll work something out with her. Right now, the priority is making sure you’re alright.”

“Nah, you’re not hearin’ me, fellas.”

“We are, Leo. Everything is going to be just fine. You’ll see. Once we tell Sai-hee about what you’re feeling, she’ll--”

There came a great splattering noise. Followed by silence.

Roman blinked and strained to listen harder. He was able to make out a dripping sound but nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment