Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Page 1292

Jercash’s gaze drifted toward Emiliana and Germal again. “This guy talks tough, but he’s actually worried sick about me. I just wish he’d come right out and say so for a change. Is that so much to ask?”

“Your assessment noticeably left out the Crystal Titan,” said Germal.

“Oh, I’ve got something that’ll keep him occupied,” said Jercash. He turned back to Gohvis. “But that reminds me. You wouldn’t mind lending me a hand, personally, would you?”

“I already said no.”

“C’mon, it wouldn’t be for long. A few days, tops.”

“The last time you said that, I ended up following you around for seven years.”

“Yeah, but that was a complex geopolitical situation that needed navigating. This’ll just be a quick favor.”

“You said that before, as well.”

“I just want you to help me gaslight a few people.”

“No.”

“And maybe scare a few others.”

“No.”

“It’ll be easy.”

No.”

“Agh, fine. Then how about just lending me some of your people?”

“I do not have that many.”

“But the ones you do have are absurdly valuable. So just give me, like, ten.”

“You can take one.”

“Five.”

“One.”

“Four?”

“One.”

“Three? Pretty please?”

“One.”

“I hate negotiating with you.”

“None.”

“Alright! I’ll settle for one. Damn.”

“Who do you want?”

Jercash stroked his mustache. “...Can I have the dog?”

Gohvis thought a moment. “Fine.”

“Ha! Awesome. Thanks, best pal.”

“He will not go with you if he does not want to, however. You will have to persuade him.”

“Aw, shit, really? Can’t you just order him to follow me?”

“I could. But I am not going to.”

No comments:

Post a Comment