Sunday, April 12, 2020

Page 2202

Another voice arrived, this one more immediately familiar. "Madison, are you cornering my friend over here?"

Lynnette turned and saw Gina approaching now.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," said Madison with that movie star smile of hers.

"Uh-huh," said Gina. "Listen, Lynnette is no one to mess around with. This is the White Sword of Atreya you're talking to."

"Yeah, I know," said Madison. "I've heard the Rainlords talking about her. And it's pretty obvious that she's the bodyguard for Mr. Kingy over there."

Lynnette had to pick her up on that. "That's His Majesty King William, to you," she said.

"Ooh, excuse me," said Madison. "That's a bit of a mouthful, though, don't you think?"

Lynnette just glowered with her one eye.

"Okay, okay," tittered Madison. She took a step back and put up her hands in apologetic defense.

"I told you you shouldn't mess with her," said Gina. She came over to stand next to Lynnette and purposely bumped into her. It was a friendly gesture, of course, lacking in power, but Lynnette hardly budged at all, while Gina practically bounced off of her. "Holy crud. Have you put on some extra muscle?"

"...A little," said Lynnette. She'd been regimenting her nutrition and exercise more strictly, lately. She didn't have much free time to spare on full-blown bodybuilding, nor did she want to take it that far, but she was pleased with her modest results.

Gina took the liberty of feeling up her arm and torso. "Damn, that white cape of yours hides it well, but you're built like a brick under there, aren't you?"

"It's a cloak, not a cape." And Lynnette frowned and furrowed her brow. "And I am not shaped like a brick, thank you very much. It's not my fault that you have the body mass of a twig."

"Okay, wow--I meant, like, a brick in terms of the solidness of your muscles, not in the shape of your body. Geez. No need to get personal. I'm sensitive about being so tiny, I'll have you know."

No comments:

Post a Comment