Saturday, November 30, 2013

Page 381

Gina’s brow furrowed. “Sir, how much danger are you in?”

<“Oh, not much. Don’t worry.”>

“Stop telling me not to worry. I know you’re lying. Just tell me the truth.”

<“Sorry, I can’t hear you very well. I’m going into a tunnel.”>

“Your plane is going into a tunnel?”

<“It’s a very tunnel-like cloud. You’re--kerrghh--breaking up--kerrghh. Sorry--kerrghh.”>

“You’re pathetic, Master Roman.”

<“Kerrghh--talk to you later--kerrghh.”> He hung up.

She shook her head and set her phone down. After a few moments, however, it started ringing again, and she picked it back up.

<“How did you find out so much about Abolish’s plan?”>

It was her turn to hesitate. “I inferred it from watching the news.”

<“Bullshit! You named names and gave me a timeline!”>

“The reporters were very thorough.”

<“Fuck! You went to Sescoria to spy on them, didn’t you?! Don’t you know how dangerous that is?!”>

“Don’t worry, sir. Hector is here with me.”

<“Oh yeah? Let me talk to him, then.”>

“He’s busy with something. I don’t want to bother him.”

<“Gina, you--!”>

“Oh, look at that. I seem to be going into a tunnel now, too. Bye.” She hung up.

Roman called back immediately, and Gina just let it ring. Then it fell quiet for a minute, and just when she was getting back into her work, it started beeping. She checked the text messages.
i forgot to tell u sumthing important
She called him back. “Now what?”

<“It’s about Lynnette. She’s probably headed back to Atreya.”>

“Huh? By herself?”

<“She got separated from us. We don’t know where she is, and she doesn’t know where we’re going, so the Queen figures that Lynnette will go back to Atreya. Which sounds about right.”>

“You want me to track her down?”

<“No need. I gave her your contact details a while back as a precaution. I’m betting you’ll get a call from her as soon she gets hold of a phone. Help her out if you can.”>

“Yes, sir.”

23 comments:

  1. Calculating odds...

    Processing...

    Processing...

    Calculation complete.

    Error displaying results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowtail the KhajiitNovember 30, 2013 at 1:11 PM

    Bah. This always happens. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it needs more updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...
    ...
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    And by the way, 2nd to last call, you forgot the < and the >'s at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reshri, I dunno why Disqus isn't displaying your comments properly, but I can still read them in my comment queue. Thanks for the catch. AND I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU'RE SO WORRIED. NO ONE EVER DIES IN THIS STORY.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I can't see your comment, Mr. esteemed author.
    D:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah. Looks like Disqus was just being a little slow. NOTHING MAJOR, PHEW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. But still
    GINA GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, such pessimism. I APPROVE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WELL I DON'T
    Because I'm a pessimist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. <“How did you know find out so much about Abolish’s plan?”>

    is that missing something? or is that just the characters way of talking?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, that "know" shouldn't have been there. Thanks for the catch. Fixed now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pffthahaha.
    i echo the comment from a previous post about Gina being unfazed by the crazy and generally being awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. At any rate, real people don't die in this story. Just characters.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is. And therefore, SHE CANNOT DIE.


    Ahem.


    ReplyDelete
  16. Snowtail the KhajiitDecember 1, 2013 at 11:08 PM

    Probably the new Java Script or whatever. Damn thing always needs an updating. That or Flash Player.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Snowtail the KhajiitDecember 1, 2013 at 11:09 PM

    I'm an optimist, and I'm still pretty sure Frosty is gonna kill Gina off eventually. Whether or not she stays that way is definitely up for speculation. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not sure I want EVERYONE turning into Servants. It would be nice if she got to just stay mortal, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  19. FUCK YES LYNNETTE IS COMING BACK!!!

    ...wait, two mortal characters are gonna be together...? There's no way in Hell Frost will give up that chance to kill one. Even I wouldn't pass up that opportunity. Trouble is, between Gina and Lynn, if I had to choose who lived...I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So....what are the odds of Lynnette getting her own reaper? And getting the much maligned mutation ability?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mahdi AparentylycntsayawsomApril 26, 2015 at 2:32 AM

    "Krgh you're break in up, we're going through a tunnel, krgh"
    "Your plane is going through a tunnel?"
    "Krgh"
    XD priceless

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mahdi AparentylycntsayawsomJuly 12, 2015 at 10:54 PM

    Fu-Sion HA!
    *Sound effects*
    ....and that's how we got the best of two worlds!

    ReplyDelete