Friday, November 29, 2013

Page 380

“Everyone in Atreya thinks he’s a mass murderer,” said Gina. “He’s gotten pretty infamous. And Abolish may or may not be trying to kill him now.”

Again, there came a pause. <“Huh,”> was all Roman said.

“He got into a fight with them just yesterday.”

<“Is he okay?”>

“I think so. He’s not alone, anyway. There’s another servant with him.”

<“Oh? Who?”>

“A man named Colt. He has two young children with him.”

<“Hmm. Does he seem trustworthy?”>

“Hard to say. Hector seems to trust him, though. I’ve been trying to help them as best I can.”

<“Good. Don’t let them do anything crazy. They could be valuable allies.”>

“Also, more importantly, I’ve learned that Abolish intends to destroy a small town called Harold and blame the attack on Rendon.”

<“Mm. That’s about what Mehlsanz predicted.”>

“They’re going to do it thirteen days from now. I thought the events from yesterday might’ve changed their minds, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Desmond’s been yelling at Karkash but not to much effect.”

<“Who are Desmond and Karkash?”>

“Two of the Abolish guys. I believe there are now seven Abolish servants in Sescoria.”

<“Ugh. Seven. That will be problematic.”>

“Where are you heading next? Do you have a plan?”

<“We’re flying to Intar right now. We’re hoping to find a more reasonable faction of the Vanguard there.”>

“One which won’t mind that you stole a plane from their allies?”

<“We might have to leave that part out of the discussion.”>

“Then you’ll have to ditch the plane or hide it somehow.”

<“Yeah, I know.”>

“How is the Queen doing?”

<“Good, as far as I can tell. She was the first one to see through the Vanguard’s bullshit. Would’ve been nice if she warned me a little earlier about her plan to have Lynnette rip them off, but I suppose it would’ve turned into a clusterfuck either way.”>

“They attacked you?”

<“No.”>

“Master Roman...”

<“Okay, maybe a little.”>

5 comments:

  1. I have to say, I really like Gina. She's probably one of my favorite characters in this right now. Gutsy, smart, and completely unfazed by the crazy crap going on around her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE BOMBS ARE ABOUT TO FALL
    UH
    OR SOMETHING
    GINA WON'T SURVIVE THIS CHAPTER

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. Like her a lot. I'm about at my tether for sympathetic characters going, so I'm really hoping she makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these kinds of casual conversations where we're brought up to date with crazy shit characters have been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. why I got the feeling Gina gonna die?

    ReplyDelete