Saturday, February 20, 2021

Page 3025

"Jack... holes. I suppose that is one way of putting it, yes. And I would prefer not to walk back to Atreya on foot. Do you already have a better escape route in mind?"

Raul bobbed his head. "Sorta. Ridgemark is the only place still letting civilian craft come and go freely, so it'd theoretically be our best option, but it's also where the fighting between the VMP, Abolish, and the RPMP is the strongest. Now that the Vanguard has pulled out of the country, I expect Ridgemark to be pretty dangerous."

"Hence why more superhumans would come in handy," concluded Donald.

"Yup."

The other man gazed into the campfire for a long moment and stroked his scraggly beard. "Do you know where they're being held?"

"A place called Logden," said Raul.

"Ah... that's unfortunate."

"How so?"

"I wasn't kept exclusively at Bridgewater all these years. Been transferred plenty of times. Spent a fair few of my years in Logden. Huge facility. Deep in the mountains. Beautiful vistas, though. I enjoyed my time there a little more, actually."  

"I'm not hearing the unfortunate part, dude."

"The mountains make it extremely difficult to escape from. Heard about several guys who tried during my time there. All were caught, shot, or fell to their deaths. Mostly the latter, since they didn't have enough guards to watch everyone, but it seems like they won't have that problem this time. I was wondering why Bridgewater's security seemed to have lightened so much recently. Makes sense if they were being transferred over to Logden for the influx of new prisoners there."

"A little climbing shouldn't be too much of a problem," said Raul, stretching the fingers of his right hand. Difficult terrain was something of a specialty of his, he felt. "I'm more concerned about getting everyone out of the building safely. And quietly, if possible. There'll be normal people mixed in with the superhumans, and we need to keep them from getting shot at."

No comments:

Post a Comment