Saturday, May 27, 2023

Page 3324 -- CCLXXX.

"A threat from ignorance will do you no good, Little Fool."

"Eheheh. Doesn't have the same impact on me when you say it in Mohssian." His silver gaze shifted briefly to Asad, then returned to Qorvass. "You wouldn't happen to be a relative of these two, now would you? Or a lingering remnant of such a person, perhaps? Hmm?"

"That is both correct and not. To explain would be an exercise in tedium, and I am sure you would still be no wiser by the end of it."

"Oho, well, then. Perhaps you would be keener to tell me who you are in your own terms, then. Or who you want me to believe you are, at least. It's obvious enough that you're one of those tricky types. Prone to lying, no doubt."

"Hmph. Little Fool. Again I say: you wished to meet a so-called Primordial, did you not?"

"Yeah-huh."

"Then you should be rejoicing. For you have now done so."


Chapter Two Hundred Eighty: 'Alas, siblings of the Current...'
Click to display entire chapter at once -- (mobile link)

Morgunov blinked, then couldn't help snorting a laugh. "You're tellin' me that you're a Primordial? Are you serious?"

"Indeed."

His bullshit detector was practically exploding, but he kept it in check with another laugh, this time with more energy behind it. He was actually curious, now. "Okay, then, little missy. I'll bite. Which Primordial are you claiming to be, huh?"

"It matters not. Your perception of us is so minuscule that my true name would either mean nothing to you or give you a completely false impression of your current situation."

"Mm. Not one of the famous ones, eh? Don't want to be embarrassed when you reveal your big, scary identity and I don't even recognize you. I get it. That actually makes your claim more believable to me."

"As I said. Ignorance."

"So what, are you like Cocora's ugly stepsister or something? The one nobody ever pays attention to? That's a shame. Jealousy is a difficult monster to tango with. I feel for you."

A glow arrived in his peripheral vision, and Morgunov saw that it was coming from Asad. From his torso, more specifically.

"Sister," arrived another voice, this one more masculine. "There is no need to be so rude. This repulsive man has done us a favor, has he not?"

"And who is this now?" said Morgunov, growing more curious by the second.

"I am Rasalased. It is interesting to meet you, Young Demon of Abolish."

No comments:

Post a Comment