Sunday, May 28, 2023

Page 3325

“Ah, so it’s you!” said Morgunov. “Finally! You sure are a hard fella to reach, y’know that?”

“Indeed, I do.”

“I’ve got some questions for you, mister.”

“And I, you.”

“Oh? Intriguing. But uh, wait a minute here. This angry lady is really your sister?”

“No,” she said.

“Yes,” said Rasalased.

“Mmhmm. Cleared that right up,” said Morgunov.

“We have a complex relationship,” said Rasalased.

“I’ve got a few of those myself,” said the emperor. “But as far as I know, you’re not a Primordial, Mr. Salad. You’re a few thousand years too young for that, are you not?”

“This is true,” said Rasalased. “But kinship is a thing more deep and vast than all the oceans of the world combined.”

“Ooh, okay. Sounds like a bit of wishful thinking on your part, but I can’t say I hate it! Your starry-eyed musings were one of your more charming qualities in life, so I’m glad that hasn’t left you after all these years!”

“Hmm? You speak as if you knew me personally.”

“Do I?” He sorted through his thoughts. “Oh, that’s right. My reaper met you a few times. Perhaps you remember. His name is Bool.”

“Ah. The name is familiar. But also not. Perhaps I remember. Or perhaps I do not.”

“Mmhmm, mmhmm. I know the feeling. Don’t worry about it. Bool’s a bit touchy when it comes to being forgotten, but I won’t let him say anything mean to you. He can be a real drama king, sometimes. Really needs to learn how to relax.”

“I am familiar with such difficulties.”

“Ehehe.” Morgunov couldn’t help smiling. “Alright, well, I’ve gotta admit, despite how much I’d like to ask my questions, I’m pretty dang interested to hear what it is that you want to ask! Especially because I’d figured that you would be more openly arrogant and hostile, like your maybe-sister over here. Instead, you’re seeming like quite the gentleman! Haven’t called me an ignorant fool once, yet!”

“I have always felt that a modicum of politeness goes a long way, even when talking to barbaric mongrels such as yourself.”

“Methinks you haven’t quite nailed it, but boy, do I appreciate the sentiment! So go on, then! What did you want to ask me about, eh? I’ve gotta know what a god would want to consult little ol’ me for!”

“You are letting me go first? I thank you. In truth, there are several. First, I would like to know what your plans are for the current Lion.”

No comments:

Post a Comment