Monday, February 27, 2023

Page 3235

'I speak, by the way, in terms relative to the normal world. If you were to visit a Higher Realm, you would not suddenly age fifty years in a day. I mean to say that after having spent a day in a Higher Realm, many months or even years might pass by the time you return home.'

"How do you know that if you've never visited one yourself?" said Hector.

'Because I've known some who have. And also, as I said before, I have my tricks.'

Right. Sounded like this guy wasn't going to give him any more details, but it was at least nice to know that he wasn't losing tons of time while stuck in this place. He supposed in the back of his mind, he'd had a feeling that was the case. His first encounter with Rasalased had worked the same way, so it made sense.

'Now allow me to ask another question of you.'

"It's only fair, I guess. Go ahead. But since you're being a little cagey, then I reserve the right to be the same way."

'Fair, indeed. I want to know if you have met a man with a big scar over his right eye.'

Hector had to think about that. He'd met a lot of different people, especially recently. Ravi Zaman came to mind, though he didn't quite fit the description. "I've only met a man with a scar on the right side of his face. It's not over the eye."

'I see.'

"Who is he? What's his name?" Hector fully expected for these questions not to get answered, but the voice surprised him.

'Some call him the Godslayer.'

"Wow," said Hector. "Now that's a nickname. I've never heard it before, though. Sorry."

'That's alright. It was a shot in the dark. I would've been shocked if you knew him.'

"This Godslayer guy is an important friend of yours, I take it?"

'Yes.'

"With a name like that, he sounds pretty strong."

'Quite.'

Hmm. Hector still had other questions he wanted to ask, but his curiosity about the current topic had been piqued. "Is this guy lost or something?"

'That is debatable.'

Seemed like the voice was being stingy with the details again. Hector decided to push a bit more. "How would it be debatable? Either he's lost or he's not."

'It doesn't matter. Allow me to ask a different question.'

"Okay...?"

'Are you a member of Abolish?'

No comments:

Post a Comment