Monday, August 3, 2020

Page 2503

((The Mon/Wen/Fri Double -- page 1 of 2))
Hector pressed his lips together flatly as he realized. "Ah..."

Judging from the strained looks on everyone else's face, Hanton was allowing them to hear him speak, too.

'I must apologize for any trouble that my daughter may have caused you,' said Hanton.

"Oh," said Hector. "Not at all. She was actually an enormous help in tracking the monster down. Without her... I think we probably would have suffered at least a few casualties."

'...Truly?' said the Lord Gaolanet. 'You are not merely saying that in order to cover for her?'

That question pulled a laughing breath out of Hector. "Yeah. It's true." She may not have contributed to the fight itself, but there was no way he would've found everyone as quickly as he did without her there to guide him.

'I see. Well, that is a relief to hear.'

"Where is she now?" said Hector.

'I sent her home.'

"How is she doing? Did she seem tired or injured at all?"

'Hmm? She is fine. Why do you ask?'

Hector's eyes narrowed. "...Did she tell you that she was struck by lightning during the battle?"

'What?!'

Ah.

'No, she did not tell me that!'

"I was afraid of that," said Hector. "She sorta just brushed it off, so she seemed like she was okay, but I don't know much about Wrobel physiology, so--"

'Yes, yes, she should be fine in time, but still--agh, I cannot believe she did not mention that. Now it is no wonder why she did not put up more of a fight when I told her to return home. I would have gone with her, had I known.'

"...Are you sure she'll be okay? Most normal humans can't just brush off a lightning strike like that."

Hanton was quiet for a moment. 'Our medicinal capabilities may not be a match for the regenerative prowess of servants, but I assure you that they are more than adequate.'

No comments:

Post a Comment