Friday, August 28, 2020

Page 2561

((The Mon/Wen/Fri Double -- page 1 of 2))
'Hmph.' Bool's twisted clockface became abruptly even more so. 'What are you trying to say?'

"Eheh, only that the term 'servant' is misleading," said Morgunov.

'Just because you don't do my bidding anymore doesn't mean that most servants are the same way.'

"I am quite exceptional, aren't I?"

'Oh, be quiet.'

"Hey, which of the Primordials do you think would actually make for the best pet, by the way? I've been thinking about it for a while now, and I can't quite decide."

'What does it matter? We both know that you'll go after whichever one you can find first.'

"Eheh. True. But say that we had to choose, for some reason. Who would you pick?"

The reaper sighed. 'Hada.'

"Ooh, the God of Storms and Wrath, huh? Are you just saying that in the hopes that it will make my job harder?"

'...Frankly, yes.'

"Eheheh."

'An avatar of destruction that supposedly hates humanity sounds like a useful "pet" for Abolish to have, wouldn't you say?'

"Hmm. Guess so. There would definitely be plenty of ego there to break down. But I don't know. Hada just doesn't seem like a real mushroom to me. And I'd kinda like one that's a mushroom."

'What? You want a mushroom?'

"Yeah, y'know. A fun-guy."

Bool fell dead silent.

Morgunov had to pop his head out of the vending machine again to check on him. Yeah, he was still floating there alright. He just wasn't saying anything. "That was a joke, Boolie. I want a pet god that's a fun guy. And a fungi. They sound the same."

Still, though, the reaper said nothing.

Yep. Morgunov knew he wouldn't, but that still never stopped him from trying. "One of these days, I'm going to discover that sense of humor of yours. It's gotta be in there somewhere."

'No, it truly doesn't. After half a millenium, you should know that by now.'

"Nah."

No comments:

Post a Comment