Thursday, January 9, 2020

Page 2012

Are you saying that merely allowing yourself to lose control is somehow the catalyst for the technique’s explosive power?’ said Qorvass.

When the reaper put it like that, it sounded stupid. “I don’t know if it’s the only reason, but it might play a role.”

Right. And what role would that be, exactly?

Asad was getting a little irritated. “If I knew that, I would’ve told you by now!”

Well, believe it or not, I may have an alternate theory.

“Oh? I’m inclined to not believe it.”

I may not be a materialization wizard like you, but I do have a few thousand years of observing servants under my belt.

“Go on, then. Dazzle me with your insight.”

Okay, now you’re putting too much pressure on me. This theory might be complete hogwash, by the way. I’m just putting it out there, alright?

“Just tell me.”

Alright, well, uh… what if I said that your suspected flaw in our understanding of materialization went beyond just materialization?

Asad raised an eyebrow at that.

Listen. Throughout history, I have occasionally heard of anomalous occurrences like this. Surprising displays of ability that were previously thought impossible. Many of those occurrences have since been explained, and the understanding of each corresponding servant ability-type has increased as a result.

However, a few of those occurrences remain mysterious even to this day. This could be an instance of that. Which would make it a flaw in our thinking that is not necessarily specific to materialization, but perhaps instead to all ability types.

Asad stared past the reaper as he tried to wrap his head around that concept.

I know it’s not much of a theory, really, but I wanted you to broaden the scope of your thinking, at least.

Asad gave a slow nod. “Well, you’ve accomplished that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment