Friday, July 12, 2013

Page 133

“I’m not saying we should stick our necks out for her,” said Vincent. “But I do think one of us should go to the capital and observe the situation. If things go badly enough, it may be best to pull up our roots and move to a new country.”

“Fuck that!” said the man in glasses. “Atreya is my home. I’m not leaving for anyone.”

The others all eyed him.

“That is your choice,” said Vincent.

“We already have plenty of eyes in the capital,” said the plump woman.

“Yes, but only a servant’s eyes will do. It has to be one of us.”

A brief silence fell over the group. “Are you volunteering?” asked the oldest man.

“If that is the group’s wish,” said Vincent. “But truth be told, I was hoping Roman would do it.”

The man in glasses cocked an eyebrow. “Why me? Gerald lives in the capital.”

“He can support you, but your ability is ideal for the task. If you need to kill anyone, you’ll have the easiest time making the body disappear.”

Roman frowned. “I do have my own affairs to run, you know.”

“I’m sure your second-in-command can handle things while you’re gone,” said Vincent.

“Ugh. Fine.” Roman looked at the old man in overalls. “Mind if I temp at your garage, then?”

Gerald looked similarly displeased. “Just as a cover, right? You won’t be doing actual work, will you?”

“I don’t even work at my real job. You think I want to touch your shitty cars?”

“As long as that’s clear. I have an actual clientele depending on my mechanics.”

Roman laughed. “Right. You just spend time with us because you like our personalities so much.”

6 comments:

  1. So what is the name of this faction I wonder Mr. Frost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. How about the Pancake House Five?

      Delete
    2. Hi, yea, Id like to order the endless stack-platter, and if i can get a tall glass of milk with that that would be great. =D

      Delete
  2. Shit. I already see a large confrontation in the very near future...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I should be taking notes, but am too lazy to do so and will probably regret it later. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr Blue, Mr Pink, Mr Black...

    ReplyDelete