Friday, May 24, 2024

Page 3594

Voreese followed close behind. ‘Y’know, it’s cute ‘n all, the way you both fuss over each other so much, but perhaps I should remind you that she HAS come out of her shell quite a bit since you two met. And she IS a grown ass woman. With quite a bit of backbone, in my opinion. You don’t need to act like an overprotective babysitter. If the Rainlords were asking her to do something that she didn’t want to do, I’m pretty sure she’d have the lady balls to tell them no herself.

Weren’t you the one talking shit about the Rainlords, not so long ago?

Who, me? Of course not. I would never talk shit about anyone.

“Hah.” Roman picked up his pace. This damn unnamed tower had so many stairs.

Ooh, you’re really worried about her, huh? Wow. What, been too long since you last saw her? A whole three hours, maybe? My, my.

It just occurred to me that I haven’t been checking in on her eating habits, lately. She’s become one of the best cooks I know, but if you leave her to her own devices, she’ll just sit in front of her computer all day and eat nothing but junk food.

Okay, stop deflecting by making good points. I’m trying to tease you here, and that’s annoying.

Subtle, as always, Voreese.

So are you in love with her, or what?

Roman shook his head and sighed but didn’t slow down. ‘Voreese...

What?

We’ve discussed this. Several times.

Yeah, so why not add one more?

If only you would stop at one...

Heh. Maybe I would, if you ever gave me some answers that actually satisfied me. Weird, huh? Almost like you’re full of shit or something.

Roman just ignored her.

You’re really not gonna pursue her, just because of some old vow? I think that’s dumb. You’re dumb. Stop being dumb.

Shut up.

No.

It’s not just because of some old vow, and you know that.

Oh, you mean because you don’t want to hurt her? Afraid of going back to your playboy ways and breaking her heart? Well, maybe you could just, y’know, control yourself, instead?

He sighed again. ‘Which is exactly what I’m doing.

Yeah, but not like that!

Oh, okay. Thanks. You’re really helping me along on my journey of self-reflection and discovery. I’m sure this thing that’s been tormenting me for years will be fixed in no time, now.

Alright, alright. I’m sorry. I just want to see you happy, is all. Genuinely, I mean. Instead of the facade you put up all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment