Friday, March 3, 2023

Page 3239

'Another method, though more tedious and difficult, would be for you to locate a point of geographic resonance within your current realm and open a portal yourself. Do you know how to do that?'

Say what? "Uh... no, I don't. But I have heard that term before. A point of geographic resonance?"

'That's right.' But Xander did not elaborate. Perhaps he was trying not to share too much sensitive information again.

Whatever the case, it was not very helpful.

Hector thought of an important question, though. "Would that allow me to get back to my home quickly? Or would it just poop me out at some other random point of geographic resonance in the normal world?"

'It would not be random. Well. Maybe a little. Or a lot, depending on how good your control is, I suppose.'

His control of what, exactly? Aura? It kinda felt like Xander was dancing around that word now, and Hector didn't know if he should say it first. "I'd rather not risk that, if possible. I need to get back home and protect it from Bloodeye's men."

'Are you sure that rushing back into the fight is wise?'

"Maybe not, but I can't just back down now. There are a lot of civilians there."

'You said that Banda Toro was the one who ate you, yes? What's to stop him from simply doing it again?'

Hector had to bob his head a little. "Good question. Hopefully, I nail down an answer before it comes to that." He had a rather strong feeling that this new armor would help, but he didn't see much point in bringing that up now.

'I admire your resolve, at least.'

"I was thinking that, y'know, since Banda was my ticket here, then he might also be my ticket back?" It wasn't exactly a question, but he asked it like one.

'Ticket back, you say? In what manner?'

"I mean, er... you might think this sounds stupid, but I was wondering if I could, like... make Banda puke me back out. Since he ate me, right?"

Xander fell silent.

Hector got the hint. "...You do think that sounds stupid, don't you?"

'Stupidity and unconventional thinking are often mistaken for one another. Without knowing more about how the abilities of these so-called "dinosaur men" function, I can only speculate about the possibilities.'

Hector smacked his lips. "You're not actually saying no, I'm noticing..."

No comments:

Post a Comment