Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Page 3089

"When you first returned from your... trip within the Forge, you told me its new name, Cocora's Candle."

Had he? Oh, maybe that would explain why Abbas was already able to use the Candle at all.

"But you also said something else," Abbas went on. "You referred to me as 'disciple of the Fury.' Do you remember that?"

Hector had to stop and think about that one.

Uh.

Hmm.

"...Sort of?" said Hector, squinting and scratching his brow. "I remember saying something, but I think that, er... even at the time, I didn't know what was coming out of my mouth. I felt super weird." He still kinda did, actually, but that was beside the point.

"I see. Do you have any idea what the phrase means? Disciple of the Fury?"

"Uh... well... no, I can't say I do."

The Sunsmith's gaze grew abruptly more focused upon him. "Are you sure?"

Hector didn't understand, but it seemed clear that the man was not asking this for shits and giggles. Something about this line of questioning was very important to him.

Maybe it was worth the hassle to clarify, then--or to attempt to, at least.

"Ah... actually, no, I'm not sure. I saw... a lot of stuff inside the Candle. Like, more than I even know what to do with. So I've kinda... locked some of it away, for now. In my head, I mean. In order to process it later." Fuck, was any of this making sense? 

Abbas' curiosity seemed piqued, and he returned a sidelong look. "Locked away? Do you mean with a meditative technique?"

Hector was surprised that Abbas had picked up on that, but given the guy's age and station, it probably wasn't so strange for him to have such knowledge. "Yeah. It's called Sto. Are you familiar with it?"

"You have mastered Sto?" said Abbas.

No comments:

Post a Comment