Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Page 1073

Regardless, he had something to go on now. If nothing else tonight panned out, he could at least resort to following Darius around in order to find out more about this Andalero group.

He considered asking Madison for more information, but he didn’t think he could manage it without arousing her suspicion. Instead, he stood up from the table. “Bathroom,” he said. “Back in a bit.”

Miss Reach barely even acknowledged him.

Roman ventured off, navigating his way through the crowd as he searched for Darius’ face again. All he needed to do was plant a tracker on the man, and then he would be set. Any more intel he could gather after that point would just be a bonus, as far as he was concerned.

Unfortunately, Roman couldn’t find the damn guy. After a good ten minutes of looking, he was about to give up when something entirely different caught his attention.

A ghostly crow. Finally, a reaper. It was hovering next to a woman with rainbow-colored hair.

Roman averted his gaze just enough to keep the pair of them in his peripheral vision and moved closer until he could make out what the woman was saying.

“--ha, that’s very kind of you to say, but please, don’t do anything dramatic on my account. I won’t be staying long. I doubt anyone who's looking for me will bother you, but if they do, just cooperate and tell them everything. I can protect myself, I assure you. I’d feel much worse if something happened to you just for helping me.”

“Ah. I do not like it, but as you wish.”

“I’m glad you see things my way. Anyhow, I wanted to ask: is there any chance that we might see the Peacemaker here sometime tonight?”

Roman blinked as he kept listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment