Thursday, February 2, 2017

Page 1309

“Oh, I’m sure she will,” said Leo. “But she won’t care that I killed one of her errand boys. She’ll say she cares, but she won’t, really. And, y’know, even if she does care... I just don’t feel like runnin’, man. Too much hassle.”

Roman just frowned at him.

“And my days are numbered, anyway. Ericoros will never allow me to quit my job, which means I can never trust him again. And once that crucial element between reaper and servant has been lost? Well, you can struggle all you like, but it’s just a matter of time before someone gets got.” He sat back and closed his eyes. “So in the meantime, I’d like to just enjoy an easy life, for a change. Maybe try to achieve enlightenment ‘r somethin’. Become one with the universe, y’know? I feel like I’ve earned a retirement.”

Roman didn’t think that justified the murder that the man had just committed, but he decided to keep that opinion to himself. “...If you don’t mind my asking, how strong are you, compared to Sai-hee’s other supporters?”

“Oh, I dunno. I stopped paying attention to that ages ago, man. Too much trouble and ego involved.”

“Sure, but you must have some idea.”

Leo let out a prolonged sigh. “...Fifth, maybe?”

Roman blinked. “You’re the fifth most powerful servant among all of Sai-hee’s forces?”

“Actually, no, wait, Morrison killed himself a few years ago, so I guess I’m fourth, now. Or at least, I would be, if Ericoros and I were still getting along.”

Even with this oppressive aura that he was feeling, that was still quite a bit higher-ranking than Roman had expected. If nothing else, it added credibility to the man’s opinion of Sai-hee. Leo must’ve had many interactions with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment