Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Page 1072

Another look around the fete had Roman agreeing with her. ‘Yeah, it is... But I’m trying to not get us killed. That’s important, you know.

Yeah, whatever.

I did find out that the Hammer of Steccat has returned from Jesbol, though. That’s something, right?

No,’ she said flatly. ‘You’re not there to learn about the Vanguard, you shit burger.

Yeah, I know that, you ass crack. But I don’t even have a face to go on here.’

Well, that sounds like your problem.

Well, it’s not. If I don’t find this ‘Andalero’ person, then all of this has been for nothing.

Have you asked Madison about the name? She probably knows lots of people.

Egh. I’d rather not get involved with her any more than I already am, but...

Use all resources at your disposal,’ said Voreese.

Yeah, alright.

Between all of the introductions and agonizingly light conversation, it was actually quite difficult to find the opportunity to ask Miss Reach anything, but after they sat down for a meal together, he finally managed it. “Do you know anyone named Andalero?”

Madison paused mid-bite, a chunk of her leafy salad dangling from her mouth. She stared at him as she finished chewing. “Is that supposed to be a joke?” she eventually asked. “If it is, it’s not funny.”

Roman returned a confused look. “Did I say something wrong? I wasn’t trying to upset you. And believe me, I’d tell you if I was.”

She pursed her lips at him, but then said, “Andalero isn’t someone’s name. It’s a club. A clique, really. One that Darius belongs to.”

“Oh. Sorry, I didn’t know.”

She just shook her head and went back to eating. There were other people at the table, but they’d given up trying to converse with her. Roman hadn’t really been paying attention to what she’d been doing, so he didn’t know what had put her in such a bad mood. Probably something to do with Darius, he figured.

No comments:

Post a Comment