Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Page 521

--donation bonus (day #26, post 5/5)--
Soon, they arrived at the airfield. Hector followed Gina into her chosen garage and parked behind her black SUV. He kept his helmet on, and the King wore a hooded, black cloak--the very same one that Lynn had bought for Hector.

Gina led them through the facility. Only a handful of people were around, but they all made way for Gina and her guests. She took them into the observation room, but surprisingly, no further waiting was necessary, as they could already see an airplane easing to a stop on the landing strip.

“Is my timing good or what?” She took them around to the outside and finally met up with the others.

Voreese was the first one Hector saw, and her giant, skeletal grin made him take off his helmet so he could return a smile of his own.

There’s the little fucker!’ she said, laughing and swirling around him. ‘How ya doin’, Hector? And Garovel! Happy to see us?

More than you can possibly know,’ said Garovel, sounding equal parts delighted and relieved.

“Definitely,” agreed Hector.

Then everyone else began to appear. Mehlsanz and Darsihm floated up behind Voreese, and then Roman, the Queen, and presumably Harper each descended from the plane in turns.

The King rushed over to his wife first and swept her into his arm. He kissed her then and there.

Helen looked a bit taken by surprise, but she didn’t exactly seem upset, either.

The onlookers all shared a chuckle.

Afterwards, Helen touched her husband’s face, then moved to his missing shoulder. “Oh, William... what have they done to you?”

“Nothing that seeing you again hasn’t made utterly inconsequential.”

And they kissed again.

Damn,’ said Voreese. ‘Who knew the King was such a smooth operator?

The married couple didn’t seem to hear her. Of course, the King genuinely couldn’t.

Roman made his way over to Gina. He looked at her, briefly stone-faced before he couldn’t hold his smile back any longer. He gave her a big hug and kissed her forehead.

She giggled. “So I get hazard pay this month, right?”

20 comments:

  1. They married couple didn't seem hear her.

    Possibly this should be "THE married couple didn't seem TO hear her."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made my night a little bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kissy kissy
    tongue in the missy
    Arm is gone so I've been a little busy
    But I'm happy with you my missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snowtail the KhajiitJanuary 23, 2014 at 8:34 AM

    "“Definitely,” agreed Hector."
    Think that comma is supposed to be a period. :)
    But om my God I love Voreese's reaction. "There's the little fucker!"
    And then there is the king, who impressed even me with that last line.
    And of course, Gina.
    This page made me happy. :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nah, that one's correct as it is. Appreciate the check, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snowtail the KhajiitJanuary 23, 2014 at 11:46 AM

    Is it? Bah. I'll never understand the english language. XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. It needs to be a comma because the verb "agreed" is acting upon the dialogue, just like "said" does. If it had been a verb that didn't act on the dialogue, like "nodded" or "smiled," then it would need to be a period.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snowtail the KhajiitJanuary 24, 2014 at 12:12 AM

    Ooooh. Okay, that actually makes sense. Thanks Frosty! If I ever need grammar help, I'm gonna bug you. XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, those two are so....I'm talking about Roman and Gina here. Although, I can't tell if it's romantic or more filial like. I suspect maybe a comfortable mixture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do strongly suspect them...but I'm not ready to commit. They may just be very solid partners. But of course those feelings can evolve pretty easily. I trust Frost's character development enough that I'm sure I'll be convinced and enjoy whatever pairs are made, regardless.


    But I'm enough of a romantic that I still keep looking for pairs :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you done catching up?

    I've been shipping them ever since Gina appeared in-story. Who needs something as insignificant as reasons for shipping. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm actually trying to avoid ever really catching up. I've stopped where the battle is about start - they've spotted the enemy incoming in fifteen minutes. Seems a good place to wait for Frost to put on some distance.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had planned to do this, but apparently I'm lacking the self-control to not read pages as soon as they are published.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're not alone. I'd intended to stop near the beginning of the January posts - not the end.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too many cute scenes in just one page

    ReplyDelete
  16. Golly. Thanks for all the comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Voreese is such a hillarious cutey !

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got a little scared when i saw the ending of the third line...

    ReplyDelete