Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Page 500

--donation bonus (day #24, post 4/5)--
“Yeah, that took some doing,” said Gina. “The castle grounds were undergoing repairs at the time, so I disguised myself as a construction worker in order to gain access. Bit tricky, that. I don’t really have the physique for it, so I was a little worried, but it worked out. The repair crew was only allowed into the castle itself for use of the lavatories, which was where the second disguise as a maid came in. Snuck it in with me and changed in the bathroom. Went through the building, planting bugs, then changed back and left, fast as I could.”

The King gave her a smile. “I see. So all this time, you have been feeding information to Lynnette and Hector.”

“Mostly Hector,” said Lynn. “I only returned to Atreya a couple weeks ago.”

“By the way, Your Majesty,” said Gina, “what can you tell us about Prince David? I’m curious as to why he’s helping us. Or seeming to help us, at least.”

“That man is an odd one,” said William. “I do believe he is trustworthy, but perhaps I am being naïve. I am afraid I have never been very good at reading people.”

Mrs. Edith chimed in now, as well. “It’s no secret that Prince David has always been different from his brothers. The media loved reporting on his antics when he was younger. For a while, it seemed like there was a new story on him every month.”

“I remember,” said the King. “I never associated with him very much. I thought he was nothing but a troublemaker back then. I wish now that I had not been so quick to judge him.”

“What’s his relationship with the Queen like?” Gina asked.

“I asked her about that very subject when we spoke the other day,” he said. “I always thought they were quite distant from one another. David was often out of the country, and I never saw them together very much. However, they were apparently much closer as children. And when I told her that I believed David was secretly our ally in all of this, she seemed very happy. She even laughed.”

Mrs. Edith’s brow rose. “I can’t imagine that woman laughing.”

“You’re one to talk,” said Lynn.

9 comments:

  1. 500? Didn't we just reach 400 a few weeks ago?

    I BLAME YOU GUYS FOR THIS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blame is the game, one you start nothing is the same. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first came
    I thought all would be tame
    Then I saw the name of this rhyming game

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing Lynn said. Because only her family would be safe enough to say that without absolute terror.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 500. :)

    It seems I'm always late for the party... on the upside, I have some catching up to do.

    Found a typo along the way:
    "I wish now that I not been so quick to judge him."
    I think it's "that I had not been".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynn...has a sharp sense of humor doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snowtail the KhajiitOctober 17, 2014 at 4:28 PM

    I ACCEPT THIS BLAME WITHOUT SHAME.
    Also, rhyming is fun.
    :D

    ReplyDelete