Friday, January 10, 2014

Page 485

Ms. Trent’s account of what transpired had been too difficult for the media or the police to believe, what with it talking about students becoming possessed with murderous intent. This, combined with the fact that Hector’s own father had been among the listed victims, gave Gina a fairly clear picture of what had truly happened. Not to mention, it also explained why Hector seemed to have an especially difficult time talking about it.

She was, however, still left to wonder if Hector really had to kill the possessed students in order to stop them. That was the only thing to give her genuine pause, but even that had not lasted very long. She had one of her minions investigate and subsequently earned herself a peek at the autopsy reports, where she discovered that suffocation had not been the cause of death for any of them. Rather, it had been the work of severe brain damage, despite only one of the bodies indicating any kind of head trauma.

Gina was forced to articulate all of these things to Lynnette’s parents by morning’s end. She left out the part about his father, as everyone probably knew that already due to it being a focal point of so many news reports.

Hector tried to assist her in explaining, but he mostly just ended up nodding awkwardly. And afterwards, he shambled off to go sleep again.

“I have a request,” said King William, who’d remained largely quiet up to now. “Might it be possible for me to speak to my wife soon?”

“Oh,” said Gina, “I suppose I can try giving Master Roman a call. There’s a good chance he won’t answer, though.”

“I understand.”

She pulled out her phone and made the call. It rang for a long time, and she was about to give up when it suddenly went through. <“Gina?”>

“Master Roman, is the Queen there with you now?”

<“Yeah, why?”>

“I have the King here with me.”

<“You what?”>

“He’s quite eager to speak to his wife, Master Roman. Please quit hogging the phone to yourself.”

<“No, seriously, what? How did--?”>

There came a sudden rustling, and then Queen Helen’s voice said, <“William?”>

19 comments:

  1. You know, many agree on the Hector x Lynette ship. I believe it is time to start casting about crack ships. My first: Nola and Geoffrey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowtail the KhajiitJanuary 10, 2014 at 5:45 PM

    NOPE. *Abandons ship*
    Hector and Lynn all the way, though. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. aha, it's gonna be a hell lot of struggle on Hector's end, because you know, Lynn got a mother whom mother is practical lineage of tactical personal profile dispatcher, and Hector as of now, well... his profile is already compromised

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Hector/Lynn is pretty much accepted by now, which probably means that Mr. Frost won't do it...

    Anyone else shipping Roman/Gina? Though I wonder about this whole "Master" thing...

    I'd ship Geoffrey with Desmond, to be honest. They got along pretty well and seem to be the same kind of crazy. I'd settle for Desmond/Nola though. Gotta have at least one crazy villain couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nono, none of you appear to understand crack ships, they are ships between two individual in a story who would/never did meet each other.
    An example would be Sheryl and that crazy guy in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Desmond x Nola does sound like a good ship though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, if you're going for crack pairings, how about Colt/Vanessa Goffe? Maybe Damian Rofal/Jezel Belgrant? Luther/anyone (he's just that creepy)?

    And and and... how about the reapers? Hector/Garovel makes waaay too much sense, as does Roman/Voreese, so how about we switch them up? Mh, Garovel/Voreese does sound kind of awesome, the witty banter could fuel millions of fanfictions... never mind that reapers don't even have real bodies or anything...

    Also, I definitely want a hero/villain pairing. Can't think of anything good right now, though. Oooh, Geoffrey/Aberration!Lynn might work. Lynn would totally kick his ass, and he would /like/ it. Actually, this does sound pretty cool...

    And a foursome with the servant emperors, nicknamed "Make Love, not War" (maybe).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now we're cooking! Damian/Jezel sounds interesting, a constant battle of wits and manipulation....
    Garovel/Voreese sounds fun.
    But that last one takes the cake. ooo they're in a love pyramid, so there's constant fights, which is the reason this whole war is REALLY happening.... I like this a lot....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snowtail the KhajiitJanuary 13, 2014 at 11:04 AM

    The things your minds come up with honestly both terrifies me and makes me laugh uncontrollably.
    …I want links if anyone does write any fanfics though. Immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No matter what we say on the subject, Frost is laughing. EVEN WHEN WE'RE RIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't read your comment back then... I'd be totally up for
    some fanfics. Any native English speakers here available for beta-ing?


    Also, fan art would be awesome, but I'm no good at drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Snowtail the KhajiitFebruary 4, 2014 at 11:23 PM

    X3 I can draw, kinda. I think I might get around to that for ya', Frosty. ^w^

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see what I can do fanfic-wise, but I'm a little busy for the next two weeks or so... Is there anything you have in mind? Writing fanfiction for a work in progress is a little limited if you want to stay mostly canon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know about that. Lynn always seemed very accepting of his speech problem.


    I'm looking for... off-camera moments, you know? Something that might have happened inbetween scenes or maybe before the story even started.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I ship Roman/Voreese :3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this page. Can't really say much bout it but I do

    ReplyDelete
  17. Snowtail the KhajiitOctober 17, 2014 at 4:28 PM

    X3 No rush! As for ideas…the only thing that comes immediately to mind would be Lynn trying to give Hector speaking classes or something. Like, trying to get him over his speech problem.
    I don't know; I'm not feeling very creative today. XP

    ReplyDelete
  18. She left out the part about his father, as everyone probably knew that already due [to] it being a focal point of many news reports.

    ReplyDelete