Thursday, January 9, 2014

Page 483

Eventually, Hector arrived, his mother following in her own car. They both looked completely exhausted, and everyone else was already asleep, so Gina figured introductions would have to wait. Mrs. Edith sat up inside her blue convertible to watch the newcomers, but she probably just wanted to make sure they weren’t going to attack anyone, because she lay back down as soon as she saw Gina welcoming them in.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Hector’s mom.”

“Likewise,” Mrs. Goffe said flatly.

Gina smiled with sympathy. “I’m sorry for the inconvenience. And everything else, really. We’re a bit pressed for space at the moment, so please just bed up anywhere you like. You’d probably be most comfortable in your own car, but please feel free to use any of the vehicles here.”

The woman just nodded and returned to her car.

Gina walked with Hector as he searched for a place to sleep as well. “How’s your mother handling things?”

“...Not very well, I think. Garovel will keep an eye on her, but, um... could you also watch out for her? I’m a bit... worried, I guess.”

“Eh, I’m not sure I’ll be able to help much with that. I need to get back to Sescoria soon.”

Hector shook his head. “P-please, um... don’t go back there.”

“I have to. We need the intel.”

“No, we don’t,” said Hector. “I have, um... a new source. Prince David will be helping us.”

She raised her brow. “Wha--? How the hell did you get a prince to help us?”

“Ah--” Hector rubbed his neck. “He just kinda... offered. And look, even if you go back there... you won’t be able to learn anything. Because... Abolish will be more cautious now.”

“Hmm. You have a point, I suppose. I’m sure they’re curious as to how you knew to attack the castle today. They may’ve already found all the bugs I planted.”

“Y-yeah. So...”

She gave a nod. “Okay. I’ll stay and look after everyone. What about you, though? What are you going to do?”

He took a deep breath. “I need to rest while I can...”

6 comments:

  1. "Garovel will keep [an] eye on her,,,"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two love interests.
    Sorry for being that one guy.
    WAAAAHHHH!!!!!no one loves me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just waiting for Hector to meet Isabelle and for Lynn to meet Vanessa. The reactions would be interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just hope Hector wears his brown pants for that meeting. And a red jacket. There will be blood, after all, and it won't be Lynn's, with that meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hector: ...um...Lynn, what did you do...to my mom?

    Lynn *cheerful*: Oh nothing. She kept badmouthing you, so I decided to *correct* her opinion. (^_^)

    Vanessa *distraught*: Hectoryoureasweetboykeepthismadwomanawayfromme!!!

    ReplyDelete