Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Page 479

--donation bonus (day #22, post 3/5)--
<“...Anything you can tell me... about Abolish’s plans... would be helpful. Specifically... how they intend to trigger war with Rendon.”>

“Ah. Well, I imagine your recent exploits have torpedoed whatever their previous game was. I will do my best to learn what their next strategy is, but they don’t like to discuss such things with me.” The prince paused, meeting Jezebel’s gaze as he conceived a question of his own. “By the way, how did you know that they were going to be in Harold today? Even I didn’t know of that.”

Hector remained silent.

David was beginning to see a pattern here. “Fine. I suppose you have no reason to tell me.”

<“...Do you know what they were going to do in Harold?”>

“I could guess, but no, I don’t know for certain. I could try to find out, if you prefer.”

<“They were going to destroy the entire town.”>

Worse than he’d expected, though not by much. “I wish that wasn’t so easy for me to believe.”

<“They wanted to make it look like Rendon was responsible.”>

“Of course. I see why you had the town evacuate.”

<“...Did it actually work?”>

The prince blinked. “You don’t already know?”

<“I’ve been... busy.”>

“Ah. Indeed, it worked very well. I don’t think they could have fled any faster. And as there’s been no news that Harold was destroyed, I believe it’s safe to assume our Abolish friends were unable to stage their massacre properly.”

More silence. David expected some sound of relief, perhaps, but there was nothing.

Wanting to keep the conversation alive, David concocted a fresh question. “Why are you fighting Abolish, anyway?”

<“...What do you mean?”>

“Well, you’re a criminal, aren’t you? The worst this country has to offer, according to the media and the police.”

<“...You really believe that?”>

The prince smirked. “I don’t. Or rather, I’d prefer not to, but I think hope might be affecting my judgment.”

<“...And I hope I can trust your information.”>

“Of course. You’ll kill my courier if I lie, won’t you?”

<“...No.”>

David’s brow lowered. “No?”

6 comments:

  1. Snowtail the KhajiitJanuary 8, 2014 at 5:18 PM

    "No, I prefer not to kill the poor guys who are just doing their jobs. Despite what the public says."
    Poor Hector. If only he wasn't so socially incapable. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm afraid I'm not ... used to mercy to my staff currently. Usually they're killed outright... "

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snowtail the KhajiitJanuary 8, 2014 at 5:23 PM

    "I'm not like Abolish. I don't kill for fun. So long as he doesn't try anything, your courier will not be harmed."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continue the conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continue the conversation!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that was easy enough

    ReplyDelete