Thursday, January 2, 2014

Page 467

“What happened?” the King said.

“Ah--” And Hector abruptly realized who he was talking to. He’d been lucky enough to not actually have to speak to the Queen very much, but there was no avoiding it here. “We, uh... well... y-you... ergh...” And he must’ve looked more frustrated than he thought, because the King took a step back. “S-sorry. I’m not gonna... hurt you or... anything.”

William looked about as uncertain as Hector felt.

Garovel was busy inspecting the smote cloth and flesh on Lynnette’s arm, just above the bone gauntlet.

Her arm, Hector realized, blinking. Not her torso. That was good news, surely, but he waited for Garovel to speak. The King lingered closer, and Hector had to press him back to ensure the reaper had a good view. “Sorry. Just wait a minute, please.”

There’s no cut,’ said Garovel. ‘Her shadow provided some protection, it would seem, but she still took a nasty shock. Ask her some more questions. What hurts and so forth.

“Lynn,” he started again, drawing her squinting gaze, “can you tell me what hurts?”

“I’m fine,” she said breathily. “It’s just my arm. And my ribs. Ugh, and my head...” She tried to sit up but quit right away. “On second thought, maybe I’ll just lie here for a while.”

Hmm,’ said Garovel. ‘Might be a bit early to say, but I think she’s alright. Ask her where her family is.

Hector cocked an eyebrow. ‘W-why?

Because we should find them and make sure they’re safe. Quickly, ask her.

“Uh, Lynn. We need to find your family. Because--” And he blinked again, knowing where this was going. “Abolish probably knows who you are, so. We have to, um--”

“My parents live in Sescoria with my little sister.”

He looked at Garovel.

Maybe Gina can help us with that. Get the address and give her a call.

He retrieved the address from Lynnette and got up to leave the room.

“Wait,” said William. “Please! Explain what is happening!”

There’s no time for that,’ said Garovel.

“I’m sorry, Your Majesty, but I--I have to go.”

6 comments:

  1. Snowtail the KhajiitJanuary 2, 2014 at 7:18 AM

    *Breathes deep sigh of relief*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowtail the KhajiitJanuary 26, 2014 at 10:39 PM

    I was more worried about Lynn, honestly. XD And keep reading friend. You shall seeeee. :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall not keep reading - not yet, that is. This makes a decent stopping point and there's too little space between me and the last post now, so I'm pausing a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snowtail the KhajiitJanuary 26, 2014 at 11:25 PM

    Whatever works for you! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bah I knew he wouldn't kill Lynn, not yet anyways

    ReplyDelete
  6. too soon - you don't know if lyn's family makes it yet

    ReplyDelete