Friday, December 27, 2013

Page 450

~~Holiday Special (Day 6/7, Page 2/6)~~
“This is the person who tried to kill Her Highness,” said Lynnette too calmly. The purple shadow wrapped around Nathaniel’s face, suppressing his scream. “He’s the one who set all of this madness in motion.”

Hector blinked at the unexpected answer. “H-how do you know that?”

“The Queen told me herself.” Lynnette pulled the man closer and raised her blade. “I’m struggling to find a reason why I should not simply kill him here and now.”

“B-because he’s just a normal person,” said Hector. “I don’t... I mean... are you sure there’s no other way to handle this?”

Lynnette glared at the prince as she considered what to do.

Hector looked at Garovel. ‘Should I do something? Should I stop her?

I don’t see much reason to,’ said Garovel. ‘That is definitely Prince Nathaniel, and we already know that the princes are working with Abolish.

But he’s... I... I mean, I know he’s our enemy, but...

She knows more about the matter than we do. I’d say it’s her decision.

Hector just frowned.

Lynnette growled and sheathed her sword. She dragged Nathaniel into the nearest room and shoved him into a closet. Then she turned to Hector. “Would you mind leaving him encased in metal?”

He took a breath and nodded. A moment later, the prince was a statue from the nose down.

Lynnette shut the closet door on him. “We’ll come back for you later, if we can,” she said through the white oak. “Then we’ll find you more suitable accommodations. In prison.”

As they were leaving, Hector had to say, “Uh. Th-thank you... for not killing him.”

“I couldn’t be a hundred percent sure Her Highness would have wanted me to. He is still her brother, after all.”

Desmond is very close,’ Garovel informed him. ‘Maybe two hallways over.’

“Desmond’s close by,” relayed Hector. “Get ready.”

“I’ve been ready.”

They returned to the hall, and soon enough, Desmond appeared at the far end. And he just stood there, not ready to come closer yet.

“Great to see you again!” he shouted across the marbled corridor.

10 comments:

  1. This marks another 150-page milestone, by the way, which means the word count gets increased again. Instead of ~325 words, all pages from now on will be ~350 words.

    As ever, thanks for reading, everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, more to read! :D I'm seriously loving this story. X3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynnette shut the closet door on him. “We’ll come back for you later, if we can,” she said through the white oak. “Then we’ll find you more suitable accommodations. In prison.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. White oak, as in, the material that the closet door is made out of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok now that I think bout it, I'm glad Lynn didn't kill him. Helen said he wasn't even the mastermind, just a pawn. Helen wanted Nathaniel alive for the time being, I'd rather her make the decision of Nathaniel's fate

    ReplyDelete
  6. omgggggg he wants everyone and everything to follow his beliefs and go his way. Hes our enemy but but but but... BUT WHAT?!? why shouldnt you kill him? No reason

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're reaching pretty far now for reasons to dislike our dear protagonist. I note that you were very vocal about how stupid he would be to go toe-to-toe with the Harold squad, but were silent when he found a brilliant solution that didn't require him to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Probably 'cuz he feels like taking a life is a big deal, particularly a non-superpowered life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. across the [marble] corridor

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marbled is acceptable usage, actually. Appreciate the check, though.

    ReplyDelete