Sunday, December 15, 2013

Page 412

Luther stood and circled around his desk. “You seem of a different mind than the others.”

“When is that ever not the case?”

“You were the last of us to learn of Gabriel’s plot against Helen. I am wondering if your heart is truly in this, or if you are merely along for the ride.”

“Would the latter be so terrible?”

“No. Nor would it be unlike you. But if that is so, then I find it strange how you are so vocal in our meetings.”

“You would be the first to be surprised by my candor.”

“Candor? Perhaps not. That would imply that you were being completely honest with us.”

“You suspect I wasn’t?”

“Not at the moment,” said Luther. “But I do find you an oddity. The brother I know would have shown little interest in our affairs.”

“Perhaps you are confusing me with yourself. Luther, surely, you’re the one who rarely speaks.”

“You have always used many words to say very little.”

David lowered his brow and chuckled. “Dear brother, I find that quite hurtful.”

“I am sure you do.”

David adjusted the cuffs of his suit. He enjoyed trying to at least look the part of a prince, unlike his brother here. “For someone who complains about the way I speak, you’re certainly taking your sweet time getting to the point.”

Luther leaned back on his desk, folding his arms.

David’s expression soured. “Do you require me to move the conversation along myself, then? Fine. Let’s not mince words. You think I am a traitor of some sort, no?”

“Oh, I do not know about that.”

“Then what is your point?”

“Allow me to ask you something. Why do you think Gabriel is so obsessed with these ideas of expansion and conquest?”

“He believes it is Atreya’s destiny. And, of course, he wants more power.”

“Yes, but that is not all there is to it.”

“I’m listening.”

7 comments:

  1. *Insert anime line about power here*

    ReplyDelete
  2. ….I'm really liking these two. I love a good conversation filled with witty banter. But I know it's kinda hard to write sometimes. Kudos to you, Frosty. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Vegeta, what does the scouter say...?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vegeta: It's 1009...Kick his ass, Nappa!

    Nappa: Yay!

    *Nappa gets wrecked*

    Vegeta: Wait, Nappa! I had the scouter upside down! His power level is...9001...meh

    Nappa: Why do you sound so bored?!

    Vegeta: Cause it's no threat--

    Nappa: But--

    Vegeta: To me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Verbal jousting for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fifty rigols says Gabriel want to be a servant, ha!

    ReplyDelete